I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Day 13 - Crazy Start # 13 - Grumpy Kitty

Grumpy Cat (or I should say Grumpy Kitty) won the battle of the new starts last night.  I almost didn't get a stitch in last night as I had a last minute change of mind as to what I was going to stitch which meant I had to find fabric and threads for this delicious looking feline....

I told you that I had some more of Brooke Nolan's designs that I wanted to stitch and this little grumpy girl was at the top of that list....

"Merry Christmas Grumpy Kitty" - Brooke Nolan (Brooke's Books)
Isn't she just a cutie with her grumpy little face?  I am stitching her on a small swatch of "Arabian Nights" from Stitches and Spice.  This is the same fabric that "Comet" and "Prancer" are being stitched on.

"Grumpy Kitty" is another Freebie from Brooke Nolan's webpage and the link is here if you would also like to stitch her.

Brooke has a lovely range of designs and is very generous with the freebies that she has on her website.  I have plans to stitch the Advent Animals at some point this year as well as a couple of her Halloween designs.

Brooke has also designed the most gorgeous four seasons vintage style designs....

Image from Brooke Nolan's Etsy Store
These designs have been drawn and charted to fit the Tammy Bag pattern by Ms. Apple Heart for "Madame Samm's Tammy 4 All Seasons blog hop" at www.sewwequilt.com. The blog hop runs from 9th January to 20th January 2015, but the charts are now available to everyone on Brooke's Etsy store. I didn't join the blog hop as I can't sew to save myself ... but I so want to stitch these designs.  They are just so delightful!

See you tomorrow with my Day 14 update.....

Previous updates for the FB CrosstitchCrazy Event and Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2015 (DUCJC2015) are listed below if you missed them:

Day 1 - Winter Witch
Day 2 - "Eek!"
Day 3 - "Prancer"
Day 4 - "Autumn Fab Fob"
Day 5 - "Comet"
Day 6 - "Koala"
Day 7 - "Sneak Peek - Halloween"
Day 8 - "Printemps"
Day 9 - "été"
Day 10 - "Joyeux Noel"
Day 11 - "Feeling Festive"
Day 12 - "New Year's Magic"

Til next time, Happy Stitching!
Hugs xx

9 comments:

  1. Love watching all these new starts:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Grumpy Kitty! You've had some great new starts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work on the grumpy kitty and all of your new starts...this is such a crazy challenge I just can't keep up! LOL Your blog is wonderful! hugs, and happy stitching, queeny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grumpy Kitty is well famous you know!! :)
    Great new start, it looks really cute

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it.I need a lie down just thinking about all your new starts:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Grumpy Kitty on this fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute design and nice start Noni. Love the fabric.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done you are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the first post I read.. but your on a great roll.
    Keep up the good stitching

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)