I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Day 6 & 7 / Crazy Start #6 & #7


Well that didn't take long, did it?  I was so busy at work yesterday that I didn't get around to posting my Day 6 update, and surprise, surprise ... I very nearly didn't get to do one today either..... but we got there in the end!

Day 6 was a start on a lovely little Aussie Koala.  This little darling is part of a larger design from Carrol Nielsen, but in this case I have decided to only stitch one of the babies.... you can see him on the pic below - he is the second koala.  I adore Carrol's designs - she has the cutest little koalas in all sorts of Aussie style designs.

Koala - Carrol Nielsen
This koala is being stitched on Belfast 32ct "Olive Grove" from Stitches and Spice.  It is a lovely colour and hopefully the koala will look really nice nestled in amongst the Olive Grove.  The colour feels right for a creature that spends all day in a eucalypt tree!

You may remember that I stitched one of these little cuties last year for Nia's little baby.  The link is here if you missed that post or if you want to go back and have another look!

Day 7 was yet again another start... This time I started stitching another Halloween design - "Sneak Peek - Halloween" by The Trilogy.

"Sneak Peek - Halloween" - The Trilogy
I probably don't need to tell you that the fabric is from Stitches and Spice!  But it is, and this one is Shanghai "Spice Blends - Eureka".

I have never stitched on Shanghai Linen before... and so far I am loving the feel of the fabric.  It is so soft....  I must admit though, I am a bit worried that it might be too bright for the "Sneak Peek" but then again it is a Halloween design... and what harm can a bright yellow/orange fabric do to a Halloween design??

The other interesting thing about this fabric is that is about 34ct.... so I am going smaller and smaller with my stitching!  Don't think I will ever go back to 14ct Aida now after stitching on these beautiful linens and evenweaves!

So that's it for today.... I have no idea what I will start stitching tonight.... but so far I have managed to keep up with a new start each day, so I can see no reason why tonight won't be any different! Posting about it tomorrow might be a different story!!

Previous updates for the FB CrosstitchCrazy Event and Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2015 (DUCJC2015) are listed below if you missed them:

Day 1 - Winter Witch
Day 2 - "Eek!"
Day 3 - "Prancer"
Day 4 - "Autumn Fab Fob"
Day 5 - "Comet"



Til next time, Happy Stitching!
Hugs xx

10 comments:

  1. Two great new starts. And you are stitching on some beautiful fabric colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your linen choices! So wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're keeping up just beautifully Noni :) I do love that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful starts Noni. I love that green fabric. I think the yellow fabric is perfect. I have some of those Trilogy charts.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. More lovely projects and these fabrics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love 'olive grove' your koala is going to be very happy in all that green...and
    Hallowe'en is going to be gorgeous,more beautiful fabric

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects!
    Love the fabric of Sneak Peek - Halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. another two very lovely pieces!!
    Can't wait too see more progress

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I LOVE that Carrol Nielsen design! New to me designer. Thanks for posting it. I may just have to spend some of my stitch from stash budget this month...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)