I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, January 5, 2015

Day 4 / Crazy Start #4: "Autumn Fab Fob"

So here we are again... Day 4 update - still going strong so far!  But as I mentioned yesterday, I am now back at work so this is a sneaky lunchtime post......  hopefully I will be able to continue this daily posting for the next week or so!

I had great plans yesterday to spend all afternoon stitching.... but that didn't work!  I had planned to start stitching on a new Jean Farish Mystery SAL that I came across on FB last week, but when I began to pull my threads for part one... guess what?  I don't have all the threads I need... can you believe it??  (of course you can, it happens all the time, doesn't it?!)

Unfortunately the Mystery SAL will stay a mystery for a bit longer, sorry.....

So after spending a couple of hours playing with threads (no time playing with threads is ever wasted time), I decided to start on Lizzie Kate's "Autumn Fab Fob".  This limited edition chart is the second chart that I received in the giveaway that I mentioned when I started "Eek!".

So without further ado, here is my start for Day 4 - Lizzie Kate's "Autumn Fab Fob"

"Autumn Fab Fob" - Lizzie Kate
I am stitching this on the fabric that came with the kit (28 ct Pumpkin Spice Jazlyn) and using DMC threads.  The ray stitch at the top is not looking good.... I don't have the variegated thread that the chart calls for so I thought I'd try the light yellow and orange tweeded together.... but on reflection I don't think I like it!  So when I pick this up again, I will re-do the rays in some other colour arrangement.

I now have to decide what to stitch tonight when I get home... decisions, decisions!  I am so loving this challenge of new starts every day!

Previous updates for the FB CrosstitchCrazy Event and Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2015 (DUCJC2015) are listed below if you missed them:

Day 1 - Winter Witch
Day 2 - "Eek!"
Day 3 - "Prancer"


Til next time, Happy Stitching!
Hugs xx

3 comments:

  1. Another lovely start.I love autumn colours and pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute start Noni. I just pull one out of the box for next start. No decisions.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have chosen a beautifull one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥