I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, January 2, 2015

Day 1 / Crazy Start #1: Winter Witch

Happy New Year!

Yesterday was the first day of my Crazy January Challenge!  If you remember I posted a list of new starts relating to a couple of January crazy challenges a few days ago.... if you didn't see that post the link is here.

I listed 20 projects - 15 new starts for the FB CrosstitchCrazy Event and 5 x WIP's that I will also be working on for January.  I still have to come up with some more to complete the 31 projects for Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2015 (DUCJC2015)  but I am reasonably sure that won't be a problem!!

I also signed up for the 15 Miras 15 Days but that one won't be 15 Mira's in 15 days for me that will be closer to 15 Mira's in 2015, if I'm lucky!

Seeing as yesterday was Day 1 of January 2015, I had a new start.....

"Winter Witch" - The Snowflower Diaries
My first new start is "Winter Witch" from The Snowflower Diaries.  This is a freebie chart from Maja and I had planned to stitch this one last year but never got around to it.  For those that might like to know... the fabric is "Hocus Pocus" 32ct Belfast from Stitches and Spice, and I am using only DMC threads rather than any speciality threads as mentioned in the design.

You may remember that I stitched the "Spring Witch" for my Witch design for the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL Blog last year.

And speaking of the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL Blog, this little darling witch is my choice for this year's January theme - Witches!!  I just need to now find the time to finish her before the end of the month.  I wonder.... does a new start become a WIP for the 31 designs?? No, probably not - don't think that double entry stitching would work for this challenge!!

So I am off to a good start so far..... Day 1 - 1 Start!  Can I keep up the pace? You will have to come back tomorrow and see what Day 2 will bring.....

Before I go, can I show you some bling?

Bling from Gina's Fobs and Froggers
Aren't they just gorgeous?  These little beauties (4 x needle minders, scissor fob and stitch counter) are from Gina's Fobs and Froggers.  Gina is on FB and Etsy, so they are very easy to purchase.  I have been stalking Gina's FB page for ages and drooling over her beautiful creations, and finally took the plunge and bought some.   But now I may have to feed my habit regularly - after all they may have magic powers and make my needle go faster and keep the frogs away!!

That's it for today.... I am off to start my Day 2 stitching - will it be a Mira design or a Lizzie Kate design, or something completely different?  Decisions, decisions.....

Til next time, happy stitching
Hugs xx


10 comments:

  1. Have fun! The witch start is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The witch is beautiful...but 15 Mirabilia in 15 days??? OMG...lol.. good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great first start Noni. Love your new bling.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness your witch is adorable! Haha. Great start :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great start to the challenge - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Mirabilia challenge sounds terrifying! Your witch is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fabric you have chosen for this little witch. I also want to stitch the series. And I have the same dilemma over completing a design for the Hallowe'en blog. I think the best way round is to stitch the witch in the evenings of days when you have managed a lot of stitching on one of your other projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I have to laugh - I though that the Jan start for the Halloween Blog was skeletons, so I found a design to do for that and started it for SDUCJC2015! Oh well, at least I am ahead for Feb now! Off to find Winter Witch (I have done Spring Witch already, too). hugs, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty starts!!!
    Have fun!!!
    Hugs,
    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  10. You choose a beautifull piece to start with!!
    I have seen them all now till now..
    very beautifull.
    It will be a great and funw ork to finsih themall.. you ahve a whole year to do that

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)