I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Friday Frolics - Faces of Joan Elliott #1

Hi there! Happy Saturday!  I am so happy that Saturday is here... I only had 4 days at work this week as Monday was a public holiday, but that was enough to exhaust me!! Goodness knows how I am going to go next week when it's a full 5 day week!! :)

Last night was the first time in ages that I remembered to take a photo of my stitching starting point so that I could do a Friday Frolics post!  This year I am going to try and use my Friday night stitching as more of a focused stitching time with a hope/plan that I might get a long forgotten WIP finished.  This month's WIP that I want to focus on is the "Faces of Joan Elliott SAL" that I started back in 2014!

My starting point last night looks like this:


I worked on the "Holly Fairy" in the bottom corner and she now looks like this:

I managed to get a bit more of her hair stitched.  Let's see how I go next Friday night.  This piece will stay out for the whole of January so hopefully I will get that block finished during that time.


Til then, happy stitching and may the frog stay far, far away
Hugs xx

15 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful! Happy stitching! and Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful WIP to start the new year with. And you made some nice progress on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see this wip,good start to your 2017 stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is so lovely and colourful, nice progress

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful project! Nice stitching progress.
    I feel the same on the full work week next week, hopefully it will go by quickly and we will be back to our Friday night stitchy spots.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice progress. Looking forward to seeing this one grow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had to work just 3 days last week and I felt tired..haha. Good progress on the project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty stitch! I only worked one day this week...my usual 3 day week is going to be hard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous work. I got stuck on this one because I didn't like the fat cat but couldn't decide what to replace him with.
    Every time I see your's I want to get it out and have another go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks beautiful. I'm happy to hear that you will be working on them for January. Looking forward to your updates. Happy stitching
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely chart, such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)