I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Summer Postcard Blog Hop


Today's post is devoted to Summer.... and boy, do we need a visit from Summer - today has started off very foggy and damp and now it is raining.... but then it is Winter down-under so I shouldn't be at all surprised by today's weather! Although strangely we have so far had quite a mild Winter and when the sun is out and there isn't a cold wind blowing, it has been so gorgeous outside ♥

Of course if it's Winter down my way.... then it must be Summer in the Northern Hemisphere! Goes without saying really, doesn't it?

Why am I talking about the weather?  Well, I mention this because I recently signed up to participate in Jo's (Serendipitous Stitching) annual Summer Blog Hop. The theme of this year's Summer Blog Hop is Pets (a theme dear to my heart ♥).  We all sent an email to Jo with something that we have stitched (or crafted) which relates to a pet that we have (or had) and a little message about what pets mean to us.

The blog hop has now started and I am the first cab off the rank to receive a Pet inspired Summer postcard!

This is the postcard that I received from Cheryl:


Cheryl blogs over at "Today I Found...." and the message that she sent along with her postcard is:

****************
I have enjoyed the company of cats all my life.  I remember there always being 5 cats around at any given time during my childhood. 
Funny thing ... I currently have 5 kitty friends that I visit with on a regular basis.  They are "alley cats" who live with various neighbors all sharing the alley that runs between our buildings. 
The cat sampler pictured is one that I designed a few years ago.  I am sharing the pattern on my website here: http://hobbyloco.com/patterns/cat_sampler.html
Enjoy! ~ Cheryl
****************

Thank you Cheryl for sending such a sweet postcard for the blog hop.... and thank you for the link to your lovely freebie kitty sampler.

I wonder who will receive my postcard..... stay tuned to Jo's blog to find out who is next on the blog hop list for a postcard.

Til next time, happy stitching
Hugs xx

17 comments:

butterfly said...

Great Post card.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Summer Postcard this year. I really liked Cheryl's thoughtfulness of giving us all a gift!

Brigitte said...

What a lovely postcard you received. And yes, it's definitely summer here. Much too much summer for me as at 30°C and more I don't really function, lol.

jocondine said...

HIp, hip, hip, hourrah ! Summer Postcard BH began with the lovely design from Cheryl. 39C° yesterday here not used to so big T° 102.2 F !!!

cheryl said...

Hooray! I am happy you like my postcard. I am enjoying my visit to your blog and seeing your sweet kitties and lovely projects. Happy blog hop!

Vickie said...

Hooray! Do you know I have had Cheryl's chart printed off for a very long time now. I plan to stitch it up. It is so sweet. :)

gominam said...

Very pretty postcard:)

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Hooray another hop underway and the chance to meet new blogs

Bea said...

That's a great postcard! Looking forward to reading new blogs.

Gracie said...

Another fun adventure with Jo....

Kaisievic said...

How exciting to be the first Summer postcard - Jo's bloghops are always so much fun, aren't they? I love Cheryl's design and how cool that we can all stitch it now, if we wish!

Julie said...

I've hopped over here in the blog hop... nice to meet you!
A lovely chart from Cheryl that we can all stitch.
I'll be back .....

Beth in IL said...

What a fun idea!

Annette said...

What a lovely idea, and beautifull card!!!
Can't wait too see what you made

Katie said...

I hopped over on the blog hop. What a beautiful blog you have. Love the cat sampler. Can't wait to see what's next.

Stitching Noni said...

I love it.... enjoy the rest of the summer blog hop! :o)

Stitching Noni said...

I agree with your comment! Love blog hops :o)