I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, February 3, 2014

Stitch-A-Longs (SAL's)

Coming together is a beginning.  Keeping together is progress. 
Working together is success.
 ~ Henry Ford ~

Stitch-A-Longs or SAL's for short.  A group of like minded people all working on the same thing with the same goal in mind - stitching and finishing the same design!  Such fun!!

Now we all love the odd stitch-a-long, and sometimes we even manage to finish what we started.... Now while I have so far managed to finish all the SAL's that I signed up for over the last couple of years, I do wonder if this year I may have bitten off more than I can chew or in this case - more than I can stitch!!

I have signed up for 5 SAL's - yep, I did say 5!  But I don't think it is really quite as frightening as it might sound.  Let me enlighten you on my SAL plans for 2014.

MS Lover's Blog SAL's

This year over on the MS Lover's Blog we have ended up with three SAL's running for 2014 (SAL's #5, 6 & 7), and I have signed up for all three.

SAL #5 is "Spring Bouquet" from Cross Stitch Crazy issue 174.


SAL #6 is "Sunday Snooze" from Cross Stitch Crazy issue 180.


SAL #7 is "Bags of Fun" from Cross Stitch Crazy issue 185.


The other 2!

Now while those three designs alone will be more than enough to keep me busy throughout the year, that's not all I have signed up to stitch in 2014.  I have also signed up for a Halloween ornament stitching year long SAL that Jo from Serendipitous Stitching has organised.  I followed the original Halloween Ornie blog from last year but this year there is a new blog and a new year of ornament stitching...  If you would like to join in the fun, pop over to the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL 2014 blog and sign up or say hello.  I haven't finished January's ornament yet... so not a good start so far!

My final SAL sign up for the year is a Chatelaine WIP SAL.... now that is right up my street!  I have one on the go already and two more waiting in the wings for 2014!  This SAL is the brain child of Joyce (from Random Ramblings) and her stitching sisters and I love the name of the SAL - "Stitching Bandits' Chatelaine Challenge".  Joyce and the girls are still working out the final details, but if you like Chatelaines and want to stitch one, why not join in the fun and start stitching!

So now all I need is for someone to start a Mira SAL and then all my stitching goals will be covered for the year!!

So wish me luck and stay tuned for my (hopefully) regular stitching updates!

Til next time, happy stitching



Be happy

Stitching Noni xx


15 comments:

  1. Good luck. They are all great projects:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Stitching Noni! Love to see your progress as the year goes on! This year for me, SAL - #7 from MSLovers Blog! :) LOL Of course, that doesn't mean I wont join another as time goes by, but Id love to complete lots of my WIPs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sooooooooo looking forward to seeing those Margaret Sherrys. :D The only thing stopping me from stitching them are those darn backstitches.

    A Mira SAL eh? Hrmm..... they don't call me Darth Planner for nothing. Let me see what can be done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow my..... You Will have a busy year with your needles this year. What a fun you Will have with them. All beautifull.
    I enteren one. The jingles With Rita and Nia. And finish a few pieces I started. So thats enough for me.
    Good luck. Cant wait to see the first progress

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with all your SALs!! :) What is Mira SAL ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy stitching and good luck! I have big plans this year, too. I hope it will be time also for the 1st and 2nd design of Margaret Sherry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck with the stitching plans and if Joyze can't come up with anything try Jo at serendipitousstitching.blogspot.co.uk as she does lots of mira rr's :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I think you can do it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many SALs :D that means loads of fun coming this year :) hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. so many SAL indeed, but all are really cute and I can't wait to see them stitched by you !
    I was about to enter the 2nd one...
    I have in a mag the MS design with the mice in a watering can , looks like the Spring bouquet one and maybe I'll try to stitch it =D
    We're only in February, I have time to make up my mind =D
    Happy stitching
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with all your SALs, there seem to be so many wonderful ones running this year! I've joined the Just Nan one and the Stitch From Stash, and am sorely tempted by a few others ;) Your three MS are so cute, especially the first one with the flowers! I've always admired her work, and I do have a little cat in a teacup in a magazine somewhere, I should dig it out and give it a try this year maybe :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So you are keeping yourself busy this year!
    Curious to see what you will make this year...have fun stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ohh so many SAL's! If it was me, i think i would finish them around 2016! :p Lol But that's just me, because i know you will finish all of them in next december!! ;)
    They are all so cute..i will sure enjoy to see your progress in all of them!!;)
    And will keep my fingers cross for you still join ours from Jingles eheheh
    kisses****

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)