I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

TUSAL.. Bling... Stash...

As they say a picture paints a thousand words.... so who wants to see lots of pictures?

I have a rather boring TUSAL photo... then some bling... and then some stash acquisitions!

TUSAL
Well here they are... my ORT's for the last month.  Lots of gorgeous colours in that tin!


Essentially TUSAL posts are all about stitching and saving our ORT's (Old Raggety Threads) and every New Moon those of us participating in the TUSAL post a picture of our ORT's, and then leave little msgs for Daffycat on her blog to show that we have been stitching and have posted our wonderful pics. 
Next New Moon - 4 June 2016
********************
As my credit card will reliably inform you I have been on a bit of stash/bling buying frenzy!  And slowly all my purchases are landing in the the mail box!

First up I have Bling...

Gina (Gina's Unique Boutique) was having a moving sale so I just had to indulge... to be honest I do not know what I will do with them all (except have them in the craft room collecting dust) as I tend to only use them when I am stitching on large projects!  But they were so pretty.... :o)

I have a couple more coming from Julie (Nifty Needle Nannies) and once they get here I will show you a pic...

Next up I have some new pretty Stash Acquisitions.....

I am the first to admit that I am normally very boring when it comes to threads... DMC all the way! Occasionally I will branch out to Weeks Dye Works or NPI Silks or Caron Waterlillies as required by a specific chart but I haven't ventured very far into the world of hand-dyed variegated threads before! Until now that is!

Have a look at these stunning threads that I ordered from Jodryi Designs in the UK.  I also bought the April Limited Edition Fabric (Cairn's Birdwing Butterfly) and the matching thread (thread is the one on it's own on the right).  It helps that she was having a sale which meant that I could order twice as many as I might have normally ordered!


Next up we have a Mira added to my stash....

One of the many Mira groups that I am in on Facebook is having a "Queen of Peace" SAL and I have always wanted to stitch that gorgeous design.... but as it is an Out of Print chart I was not able to find it in Australia.... so I when I did find someone (Hawkins Hobbies in the UK) who had it for sale I just had to buy it (along with the Krienik, beads and treasures).  The kit also came with the fabric but that went into my stash as I am doing this on something else.... as you will see very shortly!


I am hoping to have this stitched and ready to take with me to the Mira Retreat next May (yes I did say next May - 2017!) in Katoomba.... after all I don't want to be the only one without a Mira lady to show at the retreat!! :o(

So that's it... my credit card has melted now from overwork!


So til my next post, happy stitching
Hugs xx

14 comments:

  1. Your post title is promising a lot of nice things to see. And I'm not disappointed at all. All your new stash with blings and fabrics and oh such wonderful threads makes me want to browse the ONSs and make my credit card smoke. That Mirabilia Queen with all the beads and specialty threads is the cherry on top of the cream :)) Have fun with your new stash.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lot of lovely new goodies you've acquired, well done on sourcing the OOP Mira chart, she's nice.
    Your TUSAL tin has filled up with all the lovely stitching you've been doing resulting in a lot ticked off your April list - good luck with May's plans.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great new stash. Like you have I also stick to DMC , Anchor and some locally died variegated thread. The background of the first two images caught my eye. Is that a embroidery piece in the second pic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lovely stash.....the needle minders are adorable....threads....everything....makes me want to shop and add to mine. You enabler, you
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are the cutest NeedleMinders. Perfect Stash Enhancement I love Jodryi Designs threads, I received my first order last week and am so excited. Luck is with you with finding your new Mira chart. Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great new stash!! This is a serious collection of threads :)
    Have fun using them all & being creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great new stash pile! I do use the Jodyri Threads too. I was in her montjly club for quite a while. She does some great colours.
    Well done on sourcing the OOP Mirabilia too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great new stash! I just ordered my first from Julie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely acquisitions, keep the photos coming, lol:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes you are a naughty enabler! Gorgeous stash, especially the beautiful lady. I will enjoy watching you stitch her ready for your retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The downside of being a crafter :-)
    We constantly find good stuff we can use for our crafts!
    And when its on sale....sooo hard to resist!
    Have fun with your new stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW so many beautofull stash.. those minders are really aweme.. as I said in your last post the Star Wars is so cool. never seen them before

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous threads, Noni - you have been having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)