I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Totally Useless SAL - New Moon 21 April 2012 Update

Hello again!  It's Sunday morning and the sun is shining in our part of the world.  A very different day to yesterday when it was overcast, cold and miserable.  We even had rain yesterday afternoon - which I am not complaining about by the way - we always need the rain.  Can't believe how 24 hours can make such a difference in the weather!

This is going to be a very short and sweet ORT report mainly because I haven't done that much stitching over the last week or so.  Sort of lost my stitchy bug there for a bit after finishing my MS cats.  But the little stitchy bug has come back just in time for this weekend!

And why is that good news.... well, because it is International Hermit and Stitch Weekend or IHSW for short!  I know that it is a bit late to remind you all about it today when the weekend is nearly over but better late than never.  Hopefully tomorrow I will get the chance to post a pic of what I have been stitching this weekend.  If you want to have a squizz at who signed up this month Joyce has a post where we have all signed on the dotted line!

So what have I been doing this weekend?  I kitted up a new project on Friday afternoon and managed to get in a couple of stitches before going out to meet Hubby at Handcrafters House in Midland for the Jinny Beyer Colour Workshop.  I did manage to get a couple of hours stitching in yesterday afternoon, but last night wasn't as successful - what with watching the first 2 episodes of series 2 of "The Game of Thrones" and a certain kitty who shall remain nameless deciding that mum's stitching was the perfect spot for a cuddle - not a lot of stitching was achieved!  Never mind there is still a whole Sunday afternoon to go yet :o)

Now for the all important TUSAL photo for this month.  As I mentioned Hubby and I went to a workshop on Friday night.  Jinny Beyer is currently here in Perth doing a couple of workshops and the one we specifically wanted to go to was her Colour Workshop.  We both enjoyed the evening and learnt heaps... I even had a light bulb moment about colour.  Who said you can't put one colour with another?  We bought the portable colour palette that Jinny has put together and this magic little tool is just amazing for working out how colours can go together.  So why am I rambling on about this... well this month's photo is taken with the colour palette!
TUSAL April 2012
Dragon, ORT's, Felix and Jinny Beyer's Colour Palette
Don't you just love those colours?  There is another wheel of colour underneath.  All up there are 150 fabric swatches in the wheel.  Hubby is so going to have fun with this - assuming Felix and I let him have it of course!!

Sorry, this is probably not the best TUSAL photo... Do you ever get those days when you know what you want to do but just can't get it to work the way you want to??

Well dear readers, that's it for another ORT report.  See you all again same time next month.... Pop on over to Daffycat's blog if you are interested in signing up or keeping in touch with what is going on with the 2012 TUSAL.

Til the next new moon on 20 May 2012, happy stitching and may your collection of ORT's keep growing!





New Moons - 2012
20 May
19 June
19 July
17 August
16 September
15 October
13 November
13 December

4 comments:

  1. Felix is the exact colour of my Scruffy :) And don't you just love Game of Thrones?

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww felix is trying to help ..lol love that colour wheel too ... and better late than never .. :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still hoping to steal that dragon of yours! I love the color wheel - I think Martina, from Chatelaine Designs, has proven to me that some colors can go together, even if you don't think they can! Jealous for Game of Thrones - we're waiting for it to come out on DVD since we don't get HBO here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We finally found out where the sun is!!! LOL I've been catching up on my blog reading and looks like it's raining all over the world.. until now! There's sun in Australia :D uhuuuuuu I'm happy to know that you have some sunshine! :D
    Hugs to you sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)