I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, December 1, 2011

December is here....

Happy December.... here we are on the first day of December and it's the first day of Summer here in Australia, not that you would really know it in Perth at the moment.  We have been having the most delightful weather - not too hot, not too cold, just right!  Although it is apparently going to start warming up towards the end of the week, but so far we have had a very mild lead up to December.  Yes, there has been the odd day when the temp went up to the high 30's during November, but there was been rain and lot of very cool, almost cold nights.  We still have the quilt and blanket on the bed, and I have only just taken the flannette sheets off.  Very strange for this time of the year!  I am enjoying every minute of it too as it won't last - Summer will be here with it's full blast of high 30's to mid 40's any day now!


I meant to show you my latest stash additions yesterday in my post... but I forgot..  Still never mind that just means that I get to pop up in your blog reading list again and say hi!

My latest stash additions are actually all related to making cards.  As you have seen over 2011 I have been stitching for the Craftbubble "Crazy for Kitties" group birthday and Christmas exchanges.  This has been such fun and most of us have signed up again for 2012.  We also have some newbies in the list as well.

With the card exchanges I always like to send a small "kitty" inspired gift.  For 2011 I managed to find some kitty notebooks and fridge magnets, but I always have my eye out for anything that has a kitty on it and is small enough to mail overseas with the card.  On the weekend when we were out shopping I found a shop that had lots of kitty things to buy - so I did!  As Hubby said, "if you don't get them now when you see them, you probably won't be able to find them the next time you come looking for them', and that is so true.

So here's what I got - kitty magnets, bookmarks, key rings and hangers.  Lots of pink ones... which wasn't planned it was just how it happened!  So that's all the gifts for next year's birthday exchange sorted, but it won't stop me looking for kitty inspired things as you just never know what you will find when you least expect to.  It feels good to be so organised.... now all I have to do is to be organised and on time with my stitching!!  That might be a challenge....


Kitty gifts for 2012 CB birthday exchange
While were at the shopping centre I finally managed to scout out where the scrapbooking shop is, and once in there that was just as dangerous - or could have been if I hadn't been looking specifically for Christmas paper for my card (which by the way you will notice I didn't end up using - see previous post to see the card).  But hey, stash is stash and it never gets wasted!

Christmas paper, kitty brads and lovely pins
Close up look at kitty brads and pins
As you can see I even managed to find some kitty inspired stuff in the scrapbooking shop as well.  These gorgeous brads will be perfect for the exchange birthday cards.  I also found some lovely pins which I plan to use when I finally get around to making some pin cushions - whenever that may be!!  Nobody said you have to use stash as soon as you buy it!

Well, I guess that's about it for today.  I hope that the rest of your week goes well, see you all again real soon!

Til next time, happy stitching and happy stashing!

5 comments:

  1. happy december dear..wow it came so quickly..here the weather is cold today..looks like it is going to rain soon..
    beautiful gifts..i love everything so much..and cute scrapbook paper and cutest pins..
    love for you..keep well.
    kisses xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...for some reason the pictures didn't pop up for me. It's a triangle sign with an exclamation mark on a black background. I'm sure the stash is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, hopefully you can see them now... I have reloaded the pics - not sure why you couldn't see them before but fingers crossed they are there for you now! Thank you for letting me know. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can be sure I just loved all the Kitty items you have bought.
    The longhaired grey kitten in the bag looks just like our Namine when she was just a tiny kitten.

    We have already get our first snow this winter and next week we will get lots of more snow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here it's so cold, tomorrow we'll have 1ºC brrrrrrr... I'm turning into an iceberg!!! =/
    What a big cat 'family' you have there :D hehehe Do you find kitties everywhere? LOL
    Have a great weekend sweetie!!
    Hugs&smiles to you :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)