I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Totally Useless SAL - New Moon 13 December 2012 Update

Well hello again.... yes, I am still alive and kicking!

Here we are again - another ORT report.  This is the last TUSAL for 2012. Hopefully Daffycat will host this great fun event next year.

This month I have managed to get some stitching done... but I can't show you too much as it is all secret still. Once the packages arrive at their destination I will show you the wonderful little things I have created.

The ORT's jar is again full... and lots of very pretty coloured threads have found their new home in the jar.  So where do we find the ORT's and the dragon this month?  As it's Christmas they can only be hiding amongst the Christmas deco's!

Dragon, ORT's and the Christmas deco's
December 2012 TUSAL
This year we have decided not to put up the Christmas tree just in case a certain puppy decides to pull it down on top of herself!  So in lieu of a Christmas tree we have a little tiny tree on the desk with the angels and some other deco's.

In the background you can see a little pillow that I recently received in the mail from Valerie from Fee le point.  Is this just lovely?!  I love this little stitched scene, and look at all those little buttons and bits and pieces that Valerie also sent.  Just gorgeous - thank you :o)

Gift from Valerie
I have something else to show you as well.... a stitched card all the way from Anne in Canada.  Last month I showed you the card that I sent to Vilma in the USA as part of the Margaret Sherry Yahoo Group Christmas card exchange; and this is the card and calendar that I received from Anne.  Thank you Anne - a gorgeous card, so sparkly :o)

Gift from Anne
Margaret Sherry Yahoo Group Christmas Card Exchange
This weekend is also IHSW.  This month I forgot to sign up.... oops!  But I have managed to actually get some stitching done... but I'm not going to show you as I was finishing off my last secret stitching for the year.

Well dear readers, that's it for another ORT report and IHSW update.  See you all again next year... Pop on over to Daffycat's blog if you are interested in keeping in touch with what is going on with the 2012 TUSAL, and don't forget to drop in on Joyce's blog to check out who joined the IHSW for the month.  Next year we will hopefully be doing this all again.

Til the next new moon in January 2013, happy stitching and may your collection of ORT's begin again!




New Moons - 2013
11 January
10 February
11 March
10 April
10 May
8 June
8 July
6 August
5 September
5 October
3 November
3 December

7 comments:

  1. beautiful gifts and lovely orts..
    love for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such nice gifts you received! I'm looking forward to pics of all your wonderful finishes after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely presents. Our Christmas tree lives behind bars:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the spirit of Xmas is in your home anyway , that sounds great =)
    I love your tree
    I'm happy the pillow well arrived and you love it
    it seems it has really found its place =)
    the card you received is very sweet, those exchanges are always great as well
    enjoy the Holidays
    big big hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Noni, we have gone for a small tree sitting on an auto tray this year as last year Furio managed to decapitate my angel! Love the melting village - could you please tell me who the designer is?

    hugs, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely gifts you've received!! :D
    I saw Valérie stitched piece on her blog, those melted houses looks so cute! :) Anne's card is also adorable! =)
    hugs&smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a pretty gifts you've received! The Valma pillow is so sweet, I'm sure she stitched it with love and friendship for you!
    A little tree for your Xmas but great love from Mitzi!
    Merry Xmas to you and your family
    francesca
    p.s. a puppy is coming to my house, maybe she'll be here on 24th December....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥