I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Totally Useless SAL - New Moon 13 November 2012 Update

Hello again!

Wow, another long absence between posts.... and again no excuse!  I have been stitching and reading blogs even if I haven't been leaving comments... sometimes I do a fly by read and promise myself that I will come back later and leave a comment and of course time goes by and then I don't get back to comment!!  So I must say sorry to everyone for not leaving lots of comments, I promise to try and do better ;o)

So what has been happening around our little ole' place....

I finished my Christmas Card for the Margaret Sherry Yahoo group Christmas Exchange.  I also made a little needle book and some Christmas pins to send to Vilma.

Margaret Sherry Christmas Mouse
MS Yahoo Group Exchange - sent to Vilma

Needlebook and Christmas pins sent to Vilma
I also had some birthday cards to finish off for the Craftbubble Birthday Exchange, but I completely ran out of time for stitching the cards, so I had to buy cards for the last 3 birthdays for this exchange.  But I still felt that I should make something for the lovely ladies... so I spent a couple of hours putting together three little pin cushions.  The cat panels were the perfect size for a pin cushion.
Pin Cushions for Craftbubble Crazy for Kitties Birthday Exchange
I suppose I had better show you my TUSAL photo for the month of November.... after all that's why we are here!

This month the Dragon has an owl for a friend.  The ORT's have a few more threads in the jar and some lovely purple ones on top from the little bit of stitching that I have been doing on Spring kitty - MS Cool Cats number 3.

TUSAL November 2012
Dragon and Owl
This weekend was also the IHSW - but not much stitching has been done in this house over the weekend.... hubby and I have been way too busy sorting out the house.... we are on the move... but more on that later.

Before I go I must leave you with a photo of Mitzi..... I went looking for her earlier today and this is where I found her...

Mitzi in Felix's basket with Felix's mouse!!
When we were cleaning up today I put all of the cat's toys in the top basket so that they wouldn't get sucked up by the vacuum cleaner.  And of course Miss Mitzi, who just adores the cat's toys, found them.  She climbed into the top basket via the bottom one and selected her favourite orange and white mouse - the same mouse that just so happens to be Felix's favourite one too.  I am sure that she thinks she is a cat most of the time!!

Well dear readers, that's it for another ORT report and IHSW update.  See you all again same time next month... Pop on over to Daffycat's blog if you are interested in keeping in touch with what is going on with the 2012 TUSAL, and don't forget to drop in on Joyce's blog to check out who joined the IHSW for the month.

Til the next new moon on 13 December 2012, happy stitching and may your collection of ORT's keep growing!





New Moons - 2012
13 December

11 comments:

  1. hello deary,
    super cute stitching and lovely needle book..
    and cutest pin cushion..
    have a lovely day deary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your finishes - they look great. Love your owl too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pin cushions look very cute. Also I mentioned you my blog http://www.charbellastitching.blogspot.com.au/
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Christmas pins are so pretty! The cat pincushions are lovely. What a great picture of your dog in the cat tower playing with her toy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a funny picture of Mitzi =D
    you made a wonderful card for the exchange, I love MS mice and you did a very great piece
    and your needles book is sooooooooo lovely !
    the fabric is really great and the 'button' to close is...perfect =)
    very great job you did
    your 3 pincushions are lovely too, sure the recipients were very happy with them
    big big hugs
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how beautiful you made the card. It never occured to me to look for a Margaret Sherry yahoo group, I'm going to join :)
    I'm enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been catching up with emails and blogs along the whole week! Ufff.. finally getting to date ;) hehehe
    I love you MSherry card =) I'm sure you made your partner very happy =)
    Gorgeous pins!! :D
    hugs to you sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly what you mean about reading blogs and not commenting! I am not "allowing" myself to read any blogs unless I have the time to comment on them - now that I'm finally able to sit down and read them, I have to catch up on 116! I figure once I've caught up, I'll won't let it happen again. Wishful thinking?!

    You have been busy and it shows, everything looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute cards Noni!! I've missed your posts but have been so busy I'm so late with commenting O.o!!! Love little Mitzi. She's soooo adorable!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo a great blog! Thank you for commenting on my last post. Great to meet you! Do you have a following bit on yoru blog that I can click? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun cards. I love your sweet Mitzi. Adoreable.

    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥