I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, January 21, 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness - January 2019

Image from Princess Sassy Pants & Co
Happy GG New Year! It's time to start off a brand new GG year and this year I am planning to post way more regularly than I did in 2018! Although as you will notice I am late posting this month - so I am already behind the eight-ball! I did have great intentions to post on time but alas... my plans did not come to fruition!

First up... we have a gift of fabric from stitching friend
Earlier this month I was stitching a small Christmas Ornie design on a left over scrap of fabric that was gifted to me way back when.... in fact I can even show you the original post if you want to click in the link here.  This fabric also became a part of the very first GG post I ever made... link to that post is here.

Design: "JOY"
Designer: Rovaris
Source: Just Cross Stitch Ornament issue 2018
Started: 6 January 2019
as at 15 January 2019

Next up we have a Free Design from a Designer
Link to freebie chart is below

Design: "Happy Howloween"
Designer: Brooke's Books
Source: Brooke's Books Website (link to freebie page)
Started: 14 January 2015
Stitching Challenge starting point 11 January 2019
Stitching Challenge finishing point 12 January 2019

And last but not least, a gift from a Stitching Friend
Chart was purchased using a gift certificate from Linda (Stitching with my Furbabies)

Design: Fur-ever Friends - Laurel Burch (Mill Hill Kit)
Started: 17 May 2017
Source: Mill Hill Kit
Stitching Challenge starting point 21 January 2019
Stitching Challenge finishing point 13 January 2019
I stitched on "Happy Howloween" and "Fur-ever Friends" for a couple of stitching challenges (Cross Stitch Finish Line Stitchathon and Magical School of Stitching & Literature stitching challenge).  As the challenges were in 2 different Facebook groups I was able to use the stitch totals for both challenges!  Love it when that happens 😸

That's it for my January GG update.  See you again soon.  If you want to know more about the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL pop over to Jo's blog and check out her sign up page (link is here)



Til next time, Happy Stitching! 😻

Hugs xx

6 comments:

Christine said...

Great stitching, I love the fur-ever friends design

Katie said...

Fantastic stitching! Keep it up!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month, let's hope it's an auspicious start to the New Year!
I love the red thread you used for Joy, such a great colour.

Julie said...

Nice things in the first GG of the year.

Astrids dragon said...

Sweet Joy, such pretty colours. I do love the Happy Howloween, so cute!

Ariadne said...

I like the way you categoritise all your stitching and material. AriadnefromGreece!