I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

2015 Online Advent Calendar Blog Hop

web image
Today is 8th December which means it's Day 8 of the Online Advent Calendar Blog Hop hosted by Serendipitous Jo.  Today is my day to post on the Advent Calendar....

I love Christmas designs and I have stitched a few, and have more than a few in my WIP basket!  For this blog post I am going to show you one that I stitched a few years ago and sent to a friend in the US for Christmas.


Kitty Ornament stitched for Crazy for Kitties Exchange (Craftbubble Group) in 2011.  Design is from a Dimensions plastic canvas kit called "Merry Kittens Ornaments".

Besides showing a photo of some Christmas stitching, Jo has also asked us to share our Christmas Eve traditions.  These days Hubby and I generally have a quiet Christmas at home wrapping pressies if we have some left to do with a glass of wine in hand...

When I was growing up we used to put out a beer and some biscuits for Father Christmas and some carrots for the reindeers on Christmas Eve.  In the morning we would get up and find the biscuits and beer finished and pieces of carrots all over the lounge room!

I remember one Christmas Eve a few years ago when the family were all staying at ours for Christmas... after the kids (my niece and nephews) went to bed all the adults went outside and prepared the way for the sleigh.... or rather we made what was supposed to look like sleigh tracks on the grass and left bits of carrots and some raisins on the ground by the sleigh tracks.  If you can't work out what the raisins were for I ain't going to tell you!!  When the kids got up the next morning it was hilarious when they went outside and saw all the mess that Father Christmas and reindeers had left behind!!

So that's it for my Day 8 Advent post.  Make sure you go back to Jo's Advent Post to get the link to the Day 9 Advent door!

Til next time, happy stitching and Merry Christmas!

26 comments:

  1. Hello Noni ! The Kitten Ornament is totally lovable what pretty little kitty in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love the sleigh idea! Those messy reindeer lol I may have to do this the next time we have snow for Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the kitten so sweet, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas Eve tale made me smile.
    Cute kitten you sent out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. Your cute kitty is an adorable addition to any tree.
    I love the reindeer story too, great fun!
    I have found that an apple corer makes excellent reindeer teeth marks in a carrot stump.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, how cute is that little kitty?! Thanks for the blog hop and the funny reindeer story. We laid out reindeer dust but never would have considered raisins. That's one to save for the grandchildren in many years' time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading your post, and seeing your Christmas stitching. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great post Noni. :D That kitten ornament is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hopping by on the Blog Hop. Love your beautiful kitty ornament. Love your Christmas story. I can only imagine the smiles that caused.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love the beer story! LOL! We need to live old Santa a beer! He would need one by the time he reached Indiana, I'm sure...being he's probably filled up with cookies and milk, a good mug of beer would be most delightful I'm sure ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute Christmas kitty, i just love how she posed for the camera! Enjoyed your Christmas story:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun Christmas story! A cute little kitty ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute your kitten ! I really like it..
    Greetings Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  14. That ornament is adorable and I love your Christmas story - very inventive.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your Christms kitty and the story of Santa's sleigh is great. I won't tell hubby though...he has raisins on his breakfast cereal each day :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute ornament and great story :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the story and the kitty ornament is priceless Noni...x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great story! Bet the kids loved the "raisins"! Your little kitty ornament is really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cutie little kittie :D
    This blog hop is so fun! Loving to read a little bit about everyone :)
    Beer for Santa...?! What happened to milk with the cookies?! :p
    raisins... LOL!!

    Here, on new year's eve, we eat 12 raisins at midnight and make a wish for each :) Not sure how I will look to my raisins this year.. I might remember this... ;) hahahhahahah :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your Kitty Ornament is adorable! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable ornament and wonderful story.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Noni, Hopping on from Jo's Advent calendar blog hop. Your Christmas ornament is so cute. Enjoyed reading about your holiday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hahaha, a beer for Father Christmas, a great idea. He will have loved it, lol. And mimicking the tracks of Santa's sleigh and the leftovers of the reindeers in the grass is not a bad idea either, lol. Great Christmas Eve stories!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The kitten is adorable! I loved your Christmas Eve story, wouldn't raisins be a bit small for reindeer droppings though? :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a sweet kitty. I love the sleigh idea, but this year it would have been a mud run instead of snow here!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)