I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Oops, I've done it again!!

How on earth did this happen? Last month I missed two very important blogging dates in my calendar... And this month I did exactly the same thing. I am beginning to see a pattern emerging - a pattern that I don't like!!

Yes, I did it again!! Completely forgot to visit Joyce's blog and sign up for IHSW. I didn't get much stitching in any way last weekend as we were out most of Saturday at the 3 in 1 Antiques, Vintage, Craft fair, and Sunday was spent playing catchup with the washing and general weekend stuff. I think in the end I managed about 2 hours of stitching all up!!

Now if you are a bit more organised than me and you want to sign up next month for the IHSW, or if you want to go a visit some other great blogs and see what others have been stitching over the IHSW, pop over to Joyce's blog and say hello.

You have probably also realised by now that I have also forgotten to show you my ORT's for August.  I think I used the cute kitchen chicken last year for a TUSAL pic.... just goes to show how boring my pics are!!
August 2013 TUSAL
If you are interested in keeping in touch with what is going on with the 2013 TUSAL pop on over to Daffycat's blog and join in the fun. The next new moon is on 5 September so let's see how many more ORT's drop into the jar between now and then. And fingers crossed I will be on time for a change!

And another thing you have probably also noticed I have been very slack over the last month and not showed you any stitching pics!  Stitching this month has been all about my latest Chatelaine and nothing else! 

I started this one after finishing the sheep for the last Margaret Sherry exchange but I haven't been taking any WIP photos.  So here you go!

Chatelaine - Mini Mandala "B"
All the cross stitches are done and now I am starting on the metallic, not that you can see them in the photo. This lovely mandala is going to now go away for a couple of weeks while I start sorting out the next exchange piece for the MS Lovers Blog Halloween Exchange.

So that's it for a quick on the fly post... I really must try and get myself organised again so that I can get back to normal blogging - both writing and reading.  I am so far behind on my blog reading as well, and my emails... so I must apologise for not being up on everyone's news and for not responding to all your emails! Things have been very topsy turvy around here lately but we are starting to get ourselves back on track again.

Til next time, happy stitching everyone, see you again soon!



New Moons - 2013
5 September
5 October
3 November
3 December

13 comments:

  1. Hi Noni, don't worry - I have missed both TUSAL and IHSW, too - life does have a habit of getting in the way, doesn't it?
    Love the mandala!
    hugs, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always something to do hey? Nice stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mandala :)
    It's winter that makes your forget things :p heheheh Ohhh but I don't want to remember winter.. Summer will end soon on this side of the globe =/ I don't miss winter at all!! :p when it's cold I don't have the mood to stitch much, crochet is terrible because my hands hurt with the cold... I prefer to focus on summer while it here ;) heheheh
    I'm behind on MSherry group! I need to update everything over there.. Will do it this week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet stitches..love the colors..
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely piece you did again =)
    very very sweet
    you're the best at mandalas now =D
    Big big hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the mandalas Noni! This one is really pretty. I need to start another one too after looking at yours! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifull Mandala..
    Tihis months hopefully better luck with the dates!!
    Sometimes life is to busy for us.. we forgot things!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all have brain farts from time to time. Blame it on a busy summer :) LOL! After reading your post though, it seems like you have a lot of things on the go so unless you get your own secretary, I'm not surprised that you missed them ;)

    Your mandala looks absolutely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very beautiuful mandala Noni,
    I like this pattern and the colours too

    greetings from Bavaria
    Gabriele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Noni - can you please email me? You won my blogoversary contest. My email is jakt70 at gmail dot com. Thanks, KIm

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Noni and thank You for visiting my little blog!
    I am so happy to have a blogging even there in Australia.Your country have so many interesting and special animals I allways love to see documents about the Koalas ,Kangaroos etc..

    Life is often busy that is why my Wednesdays Stitchig Marathon progresses have been so small too.

    How is Mitzi?
    As You see have a puppy a now she is avery gentle and sweet Chow Chow Puppy girl and loves also her Kitty Sisters very much -they make a funny little pack of three together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stitching is so, so pretty--lovely colors!! We all have crazy months like you had in August--hope September is going better so far :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)