I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, June 7, 2013

Ladies who lunch!

Hello again!

Oh my goodness.. I just noticed how long ago it is since my last post... I have been a very bad blogger so far this year, haven't I??

I have lots of little things to tell you this time around... where to start?

How about I start with what I did on Wednesday - that's as good a place as any to start especially as it was such an exciting day!

So what was so exciting about Wednesday do I hear you ask?  Well, I met up with a fellow Aussie Stitching Blogger!!  Kaye from Kitten Stitching!

Kaye sent me an email a couple of weeks ago to say that she was coming over to Perth for work and was wondering if there was a chance that we could meet up.  As it happened I was taking some time off work this week for some much needed rest and relaxation... and stitching... so the timing was perfect.  We agreed to meet up on Wednesday for lunch after Kaye arrived in Perth, and before her colleagues arrived and they had to start work.

We had a lovely couple of hours together chatting about also sorts of things... and amazingly we found out that we had quite a bit in common - not just stitching and blogging!

Once I knew that Kaye was coming for a visit I wanted to make a couple of little gifts to give her when we met.  I wasn't sure what to stitch so I went through some of my stash and came up with a little Stitcher's Journal which was a nice quick stitch.  I also decided to give Kaye a card that I had stitched previously and was just waiting for the right person to give it too.

Stitcher's Notebook - World of Cross Stitching
Country Diary Card - World of Cross Stitching
On Tuesday I wanted to try my hand at something completely different and I thought I'd have a go at making a sun-catcher and a scissor fob out of beads and crystals.
Sun catcher & beaded scissor fob

Kaye with the gifts I made for her

How's this for thinking alike... Kaye wrapped her gift to me in orange tissue and I had put a bit orange ribbon bow on the box I gave to Kaye!!


And look at what gorgeous pretties were in the orange wrapping....


Gifts from Kaye
Aren't they all so gorgeous?  The charts are delightful and I think I might just have to look at stitching one of them very soon....  I love the scissors and the cute little bunny with his butterfly....

Thank you Kaye, your gifts are lovely.  I had a lovely time meeting you for lunch and catching up in person.  I hope that we can get the opportunity to meet up again.

I am going to leave my other updates for tomorrow... that way you will have to come back and visit again!!

Until then, happy stitching
Hugs

9 comments:

  1. Wow you met Kaye.you so lucky that you met with each other ,,,I wish I cam come and meet you both too..
    Beautiful gifts ..
    Love for you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely: so nice to be able to meet up like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely gifts!! Glad to know you met your blogger friend and had a nice time:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun to meet a fellow blogger!?! Lovely gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woooooooooooooo, so super wonderful great super really great
    that you met =D
    when the post opened I saw Kaye on the picture and wondered one second where was the trouble ! I was well on your blog but with a picture of Kaye =D
    hahahaha
    I'm so happy for you
    lovely gifts you exchanged
    I stitched of these tralala for Mii (the spring one) , they are so sweet
    I have the 4 and really need to stitch them all
    I love your scissor fob , well done sweetie
    have a great weekend
    xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noni, I just loved meeting you and having such a fun lunch. Loved the fact that we clicked straight away and had so much in common. Thank you for the beautiful gifts, I just love all of them. I hope that you enjoy my gifts to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved seeing all the pics on Kaye's blog and on your blog, too! It's so nice that you got to meet a fellow blogger/stitcher in person!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just came from Kaye's blog - I love that you two were able to meet each other! There's just something special about meeting a fellow stitcher. You both gave beautiful gifts and I love how you both used orange! I hope you get to meet again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)