I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Saturday Night at the Movies

What better way is there to spend a Saturday night than at the movies?  Well, maybe watching old movies at home on Saturday night!

That's what our Saturday was all about last night.  Hubby cooked a delicious steak dinner which I washed down with a lovely glass or two of sparkling wine and then watched 2 of my favourite leading ladies in a sweet, happy movie called "How to Marry a Millionaire".


This movie came out 11 years before I was even born...

I just love watching old movies and to have a movie with Marilyn Monroe and Lauren Bacall in it was an added bonus, so how could I not have watched it; even if I have watched it a couple of times before!  After that movie finished I then watched a wonderful old Frank Sinatra movie - "Pal Joey".

A great way to spend a Saturday night!  Didn't get too much stitching done though... which was probably just as well as I would probably have had to "frog" all the stitches done after having a few glasses of bubbles....

Til next time, happy stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that movie! Sounds like you had fun!

    Hugs, Kaye xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. sound like you had a lovely time..
    keep well..love for you :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)