It's Friday..... I just love Friday.... Second best day of the week - mainly because I don't have to go to work on a Friday and that means that I get the whole day to blog and stitch.... and boy do I have a lot of blog reading and stitching to catch up on! Best day of the week is Saturday as hubby is also home!
Today is a lovely day here in Sunny Perth, WA- in fact it is almost cold.... After having a run of 60 odd days without rain and being over 32 deg C (~90 deg F), we had rain yesterday (yippee - happy dance) and the temperature dropped dramatically. I just had a look at the weather website and apparently down our way we had a low of 11.4 deg C overnight... no wonder I was cold during the night. I had to get up and put on my fleecy PJ's, that's how cold I got..... Of course snuggling up to hubby also helped, as did Felix when he decided to get on the bed at 4am for a purring cuddle! Time to get the doona out of the cupboard... Although we may still end up with one last hot spell near Easter, but I think we can safely say that Autumn has arrived - at long last!!!
More rain is due over the weekend and we will possibly have a wet Monday - which normally I would hate but I am going to grin and bear it as we so desparately need the rain!
Okay, so now for the latest stitching update. As promised below is a pic of the monkeys that I am currently stitching for Quilts 4 Kids. This square is for Wyatt A. Wyatt's theme is Monkeys....
I decided to split the square in 4 and stitch some little motifs in each square. So far I have completed 1 and nearly done the second - just the backstitch to go. Then onto the next one.... Have to get a wriggle on as it is due next Friday! Still the next 2 are quite small so shouldn't take long, even for the world's slowest stitcher (Me!).
The designs that I chose to stitch for Wyatt are from Cross Stitch Crazy issue 112 and 134.
![]() |
| Corner 1 - Cross Stitch Crazy, Issue 134 Corner 2 - Cross Stitch Crazy, Issue 112 |
Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a fantastic weekend. See you all again soon.
Til next time, happy stitching....


4 comments:
Yes Fridays are good, but I like any day really. Have to admit I am sitting here at home from work and it feels good. The little monkey looks good...very cute in fact :)
Fridays are simply the best day of the week. I love it because I can turn off the alarm clock ! lol
I love your progress pic, well done.
Great progress on your monkey square, they are looking very cute. Looking forward to seeing them all stitched up.
Awww, it's so cute!!! I love his little face!!
Ditto on Friday... I get up every Friday morning and tell hubby... "YAY!! We get to sleep in tomorrow." LOL.
Post a Comment