I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, September 28, 2017

WIPocalypse September 2017 Update

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings
WIPocalypse is run by Melissa over at Measi's Musings and is now in it's 6th year (amazing!).  The object of the WIPocalypse is to stitch on projects that you want to complete before the end of the world! 

At the beginning of January I picked out 17 WIPocalypse projects to work on in 2017.  The full list of my 17 projects can be found on my WIPocalypse 2017 page.

Well here we go again... late as usual for my update.... 😌

12 Days of Christmas (Plum Street Samplers)
Fabric: 28ct Jobelan "Gold Digger" - Colour Cascade Fabrics
Threads: Jodyri Designs (Wuthering Heights, Sense & Sensibility, The Olde Curiousity Shoppe, Midnight Hour)

Day 9 has been started but that's all... still have 7 ladies to stitch before month end!


Halloween Happiness (Sandra Cozzolino)
Fabric: 28ct plain purple fabric
Threads: all DMC

The spooky words have been started... I stitched on this last night and finished another word and started on the "Happy" but haven't taken a photo so that might have to be for next time otherwise this post will never get done!

Christmas Eve Couriers - Comet (Nora Corbett)
Fabric: 32ct Belfast "Arabian Nights" - Stitches and Spice
Threads: as charted

Last time you saw "Comet" was back in October 2016 and he was looking a bit sad then...


and now he still looks sad but there is some progress!  The ribbon is all done now as well as the white spots on his body.  I have started adding the Caron Waterlilies to the tree and then it's onto the border and scattered snow (or should I say beads!)


This month's question is:

Which floss (or color of floss) do you absolutely adore and want to stash constantly?
Goodness me how hard is that to answer....

I love the variegated threads from Jodyri Designs and have slowly been building up a collection of them.  I also love silks.... and have recently purchased a grab bag from Silks 4 U which I am looking forward to trying out.  I have some NPI silks that I bought for my Chatelaines and they are beautiful to stitch with but so expensive to buy!  Some of the other over-dyed threads are gorgeous as well but my collection of those so far is meagre and needs to be increased dramatically!

My favourite DMC colour is hard to pick... I love the hot pinks and bright purples but then I see the gorgeous soft pinks and greens that I am stitching Queen of Peace with and I love them....  I absolutely adore seeing orange and purple together which is probably why I am drawn to Halloween designs so much 😋

So that's it for this update! The next check in is on Sunday 29th October 2017. If you want to see what everyone else has posted for September drop into Measi's blog and check out the September link up page.


Til next time, happy stitching!
Hugs xx

8 comments:

  1. What a great variety of projects - I especially love Comet he looks very smart. So many people have said they like stitching with silk. I must try it some time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on your projects Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely progress on all your pieces. Comet looks very smart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work on your projects this month. You are sure to have a Hallowe'en finish with Hallowe'en Happiness, not far to go now.
    I'm not really a huge silks fan although I do like the Caron Waterlilies I'm using on the dragon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great update. Beautiful stitching. I love both projects but Comet is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three great projects you have been stitching on this month. You are really far on your Twelve Days. And the progress on Comet is not bad either. I love Halloween Happiness, it's one of my favorite Halloween pieces.
    I also would love stitching with silks but rarely ever buy them as they are really expensive. I just love my DMCs and most of my projects are stitched with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching and great progress on your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing your version of 12 Days ... its just made me realise thpugh that I need to find mine and get each individual one made up ready for the festive season.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)