I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, June 12, 2017

May's late WIPocalypse & Smalls Updates!

Oh my goodness... I am so late posting for these two monthly events that I will probably be kicked out off the blogging world!! 😢

Oh well... better late than never! So let's get on with the show!

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Stitching Lotus

I didn't finish one itty bitty small in May... pitiful attempt I know!  The only thing that I can offer you is an update pic on my Halloween & Christmas year long stitching.... not a true smalls finish... but I did manage a couple of small goal finishes on those 2 projects!

Halloween Happiness (Sandra Cozzolino)
Fabric: 28ct plain purple fabric
Threads: all DMC

Finished the N tree with the hanging bats and black cat for May's Halloween Ornie blog theme.


12 Days of Christmas - Plum Street Samplers
Fabric: 28ct Jobelan "Gold Digger" - Colour Cascade Fabrics
Threads: Jodryi Designs (Wuthering Heights, Sense & Sensibility, The Olde Curiousity Shoppe, Midnight Hour)

Day 4 was completed on 2 May 2017
Day 5 was completed on 18 May 2017
I added a bit of gold petite treasure braid on the crowns (stitched a half stitch over the top of the existing cross stitch as a highlight) it doesn't show up in the picture though...

So that is my meager Smalls update for this month....  To see everyone else's Smalls posts for May pop over to Heather's blog and check out the link up post.  I missed the cut off date.... never mind wasn't much to show for this month anyway!

Next Month – The next Smalls SAL check-in will take place on Friday, 30th June 2017 (no guarantee when my post will appear though!)


WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings
WIPocalypse is run by Melissa over at Measi's Musings and is now in it's 6th year (amazing!).  The object of the WIPocalypse is to stitch on projects that you want to complete before the end of the world! 

At the beginning of January I picked out 17 WIPocalypse projects to work on in 2017.  The full list of my 17 projects can be found on my WIPocalypse 2017 page.

12 Days of Christmas (Plum Street Samplers)
Update pics above

Halloween Happiness (Sandra Cozzolino)
Update picture above

Deer & Grapes Mystery Sampler (Jean Farish)
Fabric: 32ct Lugana "Autumn Glade" - Stitches and Spice
Threads: DMC 
Started: February 2015 / Restarted January 2017

April post update pic:
Progress as at 27th May 2017:

This piece is just growing in leaps and bounds each day now.... I am stitching a minimum of 20 stitches a day on it so it will definitely be a finish by the end of the year (maybe sooner!)

Question of the Month – Which designer’s projects do you absolutely love, but are too intimidated to try?

There is only one answer to this question... HAED's! Heaven and Earth Designs - Full Coverage piece scare the bezeers out of me!! 😨

I do actually have some HAED designs in my stash that I bought many years ago before I realised that I would never be able to finish one in my life time!! They are stunning to look at and I admire all of those stitchers who tackle them and I am in awe of those stitchers that finish them... but they are not for me.  I am struggling to get back to a small full coverage kit that I started earlier this year!! 😊

So there you go.... a little bit of an update on my stitching throughout the month of May. Next month's check in is on Sunday 25th June 2017. If you want to see what everyone else has posted this month, drop into Measi's blog and check out the May link up page.



Til next time, happy stitching!
Hugs xx

13 comments:

  1. Wow all your projects are so beautiful
    Sweet stitches
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful projects! Love the colours on the Twelve Days of Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :o) Very non traditional but they seem to work so far!

      Delete
  3. The N tree and kitty are delightful! Every time I see this piece (more of it each month, thanks to all who are stitching it), it makes me smile - love it!

    The Jean Farish piece is lovely also and you're making great progress on it. I think her designs are best when she focuses on purples and greens such as the one you're doing.

    Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work as always Leonie - and I especially love the threads used in the 12 Days of Christmas pieces.
    As for your HAEDs... is it possible you've had them so long that you could have actually started one & made good progress on it by now?! (yes i'm being cheeky!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 12 days is still my favourite.Deer and Grapes is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love seeing these each time you post them. 12 Days is amazing in your colourway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am so loving your 12 Days of Christmas and all of your other stitching, too. Don't worry about being late with your updates - I am all the time and I think that I have just about given up on WIPocalypse altogether - so you are doing better than me there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love your 12 Days of Christmas. It is so different and that is what makes it so special.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am absolutely counting my Hallowe'en and Christmas SALs as Smalls this year!
    Your 12 days is looking beautiful, the colours are working really well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear and grapes looks fantastic! And the Halloween piece is so cute with the tiny details. I agree about HAEDs... they do have some smaller charts though, relatively.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥