I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Smalls Check In - March 2017

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Stitching Lotus

Late again.... I had planned to get this post up over the weekend but time got away from me and here we are, it's Wednesday and I am finally getting myself organised and posting! Oh well... that's life!

So what do I have to show for the March Smalls post?  Mainly all mini finishes this month - no real stand alone Smalls, but a finish is a finish, right?

Halloween Happiness (Sandra Cozzolino)
Fabric: 28ct plain purple fabric
Threads: all DMC

Finished the EE's complete with their spiders and cobwebs.  Technically this is one whole design but I have broken it down into parts for another SAL so each part is a mini-finish in my book :o)


Update pic of the whole project so far below

12 Days of Christmas - Plum Street Samplers
Fabric: 28ct Jobelan "Gold Digger" - Colour Cascade Fabrics
Threads: Jodryi Designs (Wuthering Heights, Sense & Sensibility, The Olde Curiousity Shoppe, Into Midnight)

I managed to get both Day 2 and Day 3 finished in March.  Day 2 should have been finished in February but it sneaked over into March by a couple of days...
Day 2
Day 3

Lakeside Fantasy SAL - Durene Jones
Fabric: 28ct Jobelan "Silver Springs" - Colour Cascade Fabrics
Threads: DMC, Border - "Heliotrope" Cottage Garden Threads

December is finally done!! I have started January, February and March but my March goal was to finish at least one of the blocks during the month, so I concentrated on December for a few days.  So without further ado... let me present "Girl with Robin" (sounds like a famous painting, doesn't it?)
and last but not least....

Snow Story: Warm Hearts - Lizzie Kate
Fabric: 32ct Belfast "Into the Blue" - Stitches & Spice
Threads: Weeks Dye Works as charted

I showed this one on my WIPocalypse post but it also belongs here as it is a Small in its own right - I just decided to stitch them on one piece of fabric.



So that's it from me for this month....  To see everyone's Smalls posts for March, pop over to Heather's blog and check out the link up post.

Next Month – The next Smalls SAL check-in will take place on Friday, 28th April 2017 (no guarantee when my post will appear though!).  


See you next month! Happy Smalls stitching
Hugs xx

13 comments:

  1. Great stitching,all these designs are lovely.12 days is still my favourite though,I just love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stitching....I particularly love the colours in the 12 days design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Halloween Happiness and how the colors of the letters look so great on the purple fabric. Bisous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stitching! Love the Halloween piece even though I hate spiders.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all of the beautiful finishes Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely stitching Noni,my favourite in this post is girl with robin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work. I am counting my Hallowe'en piece as a small too! And my Christmas blocks. It's nice to see the close-up photos of these after seeing them on your FlossTube video. Can't see your lovely hair though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love your 12 Days Project Your thread choices - great way to make that project so unique to you..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the 12 Days is simply magical to see how the overdyed/variegated threads work out. I usually shy away from threads with such big color changes but you are showing me how effective they an be! Everything else so so nice too! You've had a productive month!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stitching, Noni !! The December robin finish is very cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 12 Day is such a delight to watch grow. Loving the Halloween one too. Lakeside Fantasy is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks wonderful!! :D
    Lakeside.. I have a crush on that one heheheh it's something I sure would love to stitch! If I saw that one before Lourenço was born, I would be stitching it for sure!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥