I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, February 20, 2017

Leaving my comfort zone....



Floss Tube!  Most of us have by now heard all about Floss Tube.... I love watching Floss Tube!  I generally watch it on the train going to and from work during the week, and on the weekends either Stitcherista, The Stash Queen, Vonna, or one of the many others of FlossTubers on my watch list, are my companions during my Sunday morning ironing sessions and stitching time!  Floss Tube is certainly a great way to while away a few hours, and it really should come with a health warning for my credit card!

So why I am going on about Floss Tube, do I hear you ask? Well... on Saturday I stepped out of my comfort zone and finally made a video and uploaded it to Floss Tube (Youtube)!


What a marathon effort.... I have been thinking about doing a video for quite some time now, and in January I nearly did get the courage up to do it but faltered at the final hurdle!  But on Saturday while hubby was out I thought it's now or never! Never it nearly was too.... I don't know how many times I started to record and stopped because I tripped over my words... said something ridiculous or my mind went blank!  I didn't think I was a perfectionist but it would appear that maybe I am!  Finally though I got going and once I got going... it was hard to stop talking!  Luckily I had planned to only talk about a couple of things otherwise I might still be recording!! :o)

Anyway... enough chatter.... If you would like to see my very first Floss Tube video - the link is here. If you do happen to watch it I would love to hear your thoughts :o)

Now that I have survived the first one... I think I will try and do another one again soon, after all I am pretty good at talking the hind legs off a donkey!

Til next time... happy stitching
Hugs x

11 comments:

  1. I have not heard of FlossTube hee hee but I watched your video - great to see and hear you after blogging/chatting so long 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep promising myself not to get into flosstube haha. But Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your first video. Your accent isn't as strong as I imagined! You also look a little bit like my younger son's first teacher - the wonderful Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice video! Love your stitching!! So beautiful fabrics!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't participate in any type of social media apart from my blog but I do wish you luck with your videos. Hopefully you'll get some really positive feedback and encouragement to produce many more videos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great video! I haven't watched it all yet, but looks good and nice to see you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I can't wait to watch this. I do watch a lot of floss tube, It makes the exercise I do in the morning so much easier. Plus I am always picking up brand new tips. Will definitely check your channel out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a flosstube watcher/listener, maybe i'll begin to be one after I listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful floss tube video - you enabler you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is new! I have no idea what is floss tube but I'm going to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo I will totally watch! Congrats and welcome to flosstube!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)