I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, January 30, 2017

WIPocalypse Check In - January 2017

WIPocalypse is hosted by Measi's Musings
WIPocalypse is run by Melissa over at Measi's Musings and is now in it's 6th year (amazing!).  The object of the WIPocalypse is to stitch on projects that you want to complete before the end of the world! 

At the beginning of January I picked out 17 WIPocalypse projects to work on in 2017 but I am going to make a slight change to my list.... (hope that is in the rules!)

1.   Prancer (Nora Corbett) - started 3 Jan 2015
2.   Comet (Nora Corbett) - started 5 Jan 2015
3.   Queen Anne's Lace (Nora Corbett) - started 3 April 2016
4.   Queen of Peace (Nora Corbett) - started 8 May 2016
5.   Zenia (Nora Corbett) - started 22 Oct 2016
6.   Deer and Grapes Mystery SAL (Jean Farish) - started February 2015
7.   Jingles Flip-It Series (Lizzie Kate) - started 12 April 2014
8.   Moutons de Saisons - été (Collection Tra La La) - started 9 Jan 2015
9.   Faces of Joan Elliott SAL (Joan Elliott) - started Sept 2014
10. Snow Story (Lizzie Kate) - started 14 May 2016
11. Dog House Sampler (Little House Needleworks) - started 26 Sept 2016
12. 12 Days of Christmas (Plum Street Samplers) - started 25 Dec 2016
13. Halloween Happiness (Sandra Cozzolino) - started 1 Jan 2017
14. Mini Mandala II - C (Chatelaine) - started 1 Feb 2014
15. Fashionista Cat (Design Works Kit) - started 1 Jun 2015
16. Birdcage (Design Works Kit) - started 1 Feb 2015
17. Halloween Sneak Peek (The Trilogy) - started 7 Jan 2015

I have swapped "Dressmaker's Daughter" for an old mystery SAL project that I started back in February 2015.

So what did I manage to work on during January?

Faces of Joan Elliott SAL (Joan Elliott)

Bit more hair has appeared along with some colour on her dress and the white trim and some of the flowers in the corner.

Deer and Grapes Mystery SAL (Jean Farish)


This is where this project was when I last stitched on it in February 2015!  I have now pulled this out for a 17 A Day challenge on one of the FB groups that I am in (this is a different challenge to my 10 A Day!)

So after the weekend of doing 17 stitches each day this is where it is up to now:


17 stitches are day are going to add up really quickly!

I have also had 2 mini finishes for the month....

12 Days of Christmas (Plum Street Samplers)
First Day of Christmas is now complete!

Halloween Happiness (Sandra Cozzolino)
Mini finish - the moon is done and the witch has been started!


So that's the update bit out of the way.... now onto the question of the month:

What Stitch-a-Longs (SALs) are you participating in this year?
Maybe the better question for me is what SAL aren't I doing?? :o)

So besides the monthly Christmas Ornie and Halloween Ornie blogs, Smalls SAL, WIPocalypse, and Gifted Gorgeousness SAL's I am also doing:

Lakeside Needlecraft / Durene Jones - Fantasy SAL
Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery - Happily Ever After SAL
Ingleside Imaginarium - Birthstone Dragons SAL

The Linen and Threads SAL is on my list to think about... it is a huge design.... maybe too big for me to tackle this year!

Stitch Maynia SALs (check out the FB group for the list.... there are few of them!)
Cross Stitch It's Fun (Froggin House / Stitchwats SALs / Weekly & Monthly Challenges)
10 A Day FB Group  / 17 A Day Stitchin' Station FB Group....

...and the odd FB SAL that pops up in some of the other groups that I am in....

Most of the FB group SAL's are based around themes for the challenges so I am able to generally use existing stitching projects to fit into/shoe horn into these SAL's.

So that's it for January's WIPocalypse update!  Next month's check in is on 26th February 2017.


Til then, happy stitching and good luck with your WIPocalypse projects!
Hugs xx

14 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching,I especially like Deer and Grapes mystery sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the threads for your 12 Days, so different. Looking forward to seeing more of the Deer and Grapes SAL that does looks pretty.
    Well done this month

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent progress and I love the threads you used for 12 Days, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Stitching, good luck with your 17 projects, I am looking forward to see some work on all of them =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic update. Keep up all that beautiful work and SALs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Progress on 2 and 2 finishes - looks like excellent progress to me. Love the colours in 12 Days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have had a successful WIPocalypse. I haven't seen the Deer and Grapes Mystery SAL pattern before, so I will wait to see how this grows.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're making great progress on your SAL pieces.

    I'm just doing a few private SALS as opposed to ones on groups although I did do a couple of new start SALs for January 1st on Facebook groups.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful progress all around. I love your colors for 12 days, it's a bit different and it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great WIPocalypse update, Noni! Looking forward to seeing the progress on all your projects. Love the thread colours for both Deer and Grapes, and 12 days ..... very pretty!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful update, dear Noni- love your list and great progress this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why did no one tell me abou the 17-a-day challenge? I might not be getting incontinence adverts if I.d done that one instead of Tena Day! Your new/old Mystery project looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooo I love the blue conversion of 12 days. Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your 17 projects!!! Is the plum sampler one the free one on her website??? if so I love your color switch!!! Can't wait to see your progress this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)