I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, October 17, 2016

IHSW October 2016



International Hermit & Stitch Weekend (IHSW).... 
held on the third weekend (Fri - Sun) of every month
hosted by Joyce (Random Ramblings).

Back again.... this time I am here to show you what else I stitched on over the weekend for the October IHSW.

I always keep forgetting to post my weekend stitching these days (bad blogger!!) but today I have remembered!

So here we go....

Friday night's stitching you have already seen but here's a recap:

Merry Christmas (2015)
From the Heart ~ NeedleArt by Wendy
Just Cross Stitch Christmas 2015 issue
Saturday was another new start...
Autumn Harvest - Plaid Pumpkin
Mill Hill Kit
I was debating whether to hold this one over for the Smalls post at the end of the month, but if I did I would have nothing to show now because Saturday's start was a Sunday finish!!

Sunday's stitching was a finish on the Plaid Pumpkin

Autumn Harvest - Plaid Pumpkin
Mill Hill Kit
Not a great pic... I now just need to "finish" finish this one which I might try and get done by the end of the month (hopefully!)  This is my very first Mill Hill kit finish... and I absolutely love it! I have two more started (Scottie Dog you have seen, the other one is below) and have become addicted to buying them on 1-2-3 Stitch website! Danger Will Robinson!!

So that was Sunday afternoon... after tea on Sunday night I went back to my little Christmas Bunny card (which I haven't shown you before).  I am stitching this one for the Christmas Ornie Blog as the theme is presents/toys.

Before pic:
Christmas Bunny Card - freebie from UK Needlecraft magazine (1990 something....)
Started 8 October 2016
before Sunday night stitching
After pic:
after Sunday night stitching
Bit more progress last night on this one.... completed all the red and white in her dress, stitched her feet and the white tail, as well as the white in the present and on her hand (not that you can really see that white at the moment!)

So that was my IHSW stitching for this month.  I'm not sure if Joyce is going to do a second one next weekend.... we shall have to wait and see!

New Starts:

Now while I am here I might as well show you my new starts that I have on the go at the moment...

Rubber Ducky - Mill Hill Kit
Started 15 September 2016

Dog House Sampler - Little House Needleworks
Started 26 September 2016

If You Don't Believe - Sue Hillis
Started 28 September 2016

Endless Knot II - Ink Circles
Started 1 October 2016

I do have a couple of finishes to show but I am going to save them for the Smalls Post at the end of the month - just to keep you all in suspense a bit longer!!

So that's it - think I am relatively up to date with all the pics of what I have been stitching lately.  Lots of new starts, couple of finishes and numerous WIPs to tackle!  Oh well... you can't say I'm not trying hard enough!! :o)

Til next time, happy stitching
Hugs xx

13 comments:

  1. Love your choices and new starts and finishes! I'm working on a Buttons and Beads Mill Hill right now too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy with the smalls! I love all the beaded Mill Hill kits, so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great weekend for you! Cute finish and a lot of terrific pieces on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great designs there Leonie... and so many!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you have a lot of Mill Hills! I think that rubber ducky is just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lovely smalls. So many fun and cute designs you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pumpkin is so cute! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your projects, but have to say your bunny is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! You were so busy and productive for IHSW. I love the Mill HIll kits, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing - have added Dog House Sampler to my Wishlist. Your finishes are wonderful and I love your Rubber Ducky start

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now that was a really productive weekend, wasn't it? And you even have this sweet little pumpkin finish. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥