I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, October 17, 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL 2016 - Update #10


I am a tad late for my GG post this month.... but I do have something to show you!

The photo below is what I have also used for my Friday Frolic post on the FF blog so apologies if you have seen it before!

Just Cross Stitch Christmas 2015
Merry Christmas (2015)
Designer: From the Heart ~ NeedleArt by Wendy
So why am I showing you this for my GG post.... quite simple really - the variegated green thread that I used on the tree foliage is a gift!

I received this thread many, many years ago in an exchange (before my blogging days) - think it might have been a Craftbubble Exchange but can't quite remember (sorry).  The floss is a hand-dyed variegated thread from Dragon Floss and is called Stem Green.  I have never used it before and it has been sitting in the floss box for so long just waiting for the right project!  And I must say it is gorgeous to work with.... wonder if they are still around....

And in case you're wondering... the red lettering is in Dinky Dyes "Pilbara" and the star and tree trunk is good old DMC!  

That's it for this month...


Til next time, happy stitching

Jo from Serendipitous Stitching hosts the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL.  The GG SAL is about stitching charts/kits or using fabrics & threads that we have received as gifts, won in giveaways or anything that is intended be a gift or giveaway prize... or anything else that you can loosely use the word "gift" for!!  If you wish to sign up for this SAL, click on the button below or the button on my sidebar and you will be re-directed to Jo's blog.


8 comments:

  1. Lovely stitching.
    I have quite a few of the Dragon Floss.I get mine from http://www.polstitchesdesigns.co.uk/dragonfloss.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love the green thread, I do like a variegated thread for foliage.
    Don't forget to link up on the GG post on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That green thread is lovely! You chose a great project to use it at last.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The green does look nice and variegated in the pic. Lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I also have several overdyed threads that were once gifted to me as goodies in exchanges. But that was so long ago that I forgot who was sending them. Isn't it great to use these threads now in projects?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)