I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Smalls SAL September 2016

Hosted by Stitching Lotus
Hi there! Today is the last Thursday in September which means it is the day to post our Smalls finishes for the month, and I have some to show! ☺

Double Double
Just Cross Stitch Halloween 2013 Issue
Designer: Lizzie*Kate
Finish #30


Stitched on 32ct fabric from Colour Cascades Fabric (un-named - Studio Session piece)
DMC threads - I did sub out a couple of colours as I didn't have the charted threads for the blue wave and the witch's body parts.

Flower Owl
Bucilla Kit
Finish #31

Isn't he cute? I showed him off in my recent GG post as I received this kit as a gift in an exchange some time ago... but he also belongs in this post as he was finished in September!

Figgy Pudding
Designer: Jane Greenoff
Finish #32

This little card was a freebie many many moons ago... When I was looking for something quick to stitch the other day for the Christmas Ornie SAL blog I found it languishing in my box of magazine free gifts - it is perfect for the Christmas Food theme on the blog!

Black Hearted Queen
Freebie - Sub Rosa Blog
Finish #33


Stitched on 32ct fabric from Stitches & Spice (Lime Ghost Gum) with DMC threads.  I wish the photo would show the true colour of this fabric - it's a really pretty light lime green colour and is simply gorgeous.  Unfortunately it is the only piece I have and as Naomi is no longer dyeing fabric I can't get anymore!
If you like to stitch this design you should pop over to the Sub Rosa blog and see what else she has on her blog - link is here

So that's it for today's Smalls post!  I have some WIPs and new starts to show you... hopefully I will get that post up in the next couple of days.

Til next time, happy stitching!
Hugs xx

18 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely smalls this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful smalls, Noni - I love black-hearted queen very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fantastic finishes, well done you have been very productive. Love the Double Double finish especially. Looking forward to seeing your new starts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the adorable finishes. Love the Blackhearted queen, fabric and all👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely September finishes.I love the owl and his frame

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the cute finishes.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your fantastic finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great finishes, my favorite is the Blackhearted queen, ideal and what interesting coloured fabric

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely stitching! The owl is so cute, love the little frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet finishes.
    The Halloween one has been stitched on the prettiest, sparkle, purple fabric ever!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love them all but the owl is my favorite. So bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A feast for the eyes this months Smalls post is, the green fabric is lovely, and the witchy certainly looks at home on the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great smalls this month. I love the Dark Queen and the beautiful purple fabric too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of lovely smalls this month. I think the owl is my favorite--college mascot and all that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO many great smalls this month. I love your fabric choices. I really need to explore fabrics... Mine are all so boring

    ReplyDelete
  16. September was a successful stitching month for you, Leonie. I love all your smalls.

    ReplyDelete
  17. such cute stitching projects!!!! I love the figgy pudding one!!! it is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥