I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Jo's Big Birthday Blog Hop!

web image
Happy 50th Birthday Jo

As most of you in Blogland know 50 years ago today a very special person was born - the wonderful Jo from Serendipitous Stitching is celebrating her birthday today and she is celebrating in style with a blog hop!

As part of the blog hop Jo has sent everyone a year of her life and some info to post on our blog... we then need to post something about ourselves from that year or age.  So here goes!


2008 - Jo was 42
As her son was settled at full-time school Jo decided to look for a job which fitted in with the school day and started work at a High School Library as "The New Library Miss", job description courtesy of the pupils.  Jo was enjoying this new role when she discovered she would have to leave soon - there was a Small Boy on the way!  Jo, her husband and the soon-to-be Large Boy enjoyed a holiday at Euro-Disney even though Jo couldn't go on many of the larger rides with her baby-bump.  Jo's stitching finishes were starting to increase as she had evenings free, she was still a strict OAAT stitcher.

So now it's my turn....

1. What happened to you in that year
2008 was quite a stressful year for me and my hubby.  We moved house on 8th January to where we are living now and we had our own business at the time (which is why we moved - we went from 2.5 acres in the bush to a normal suburban house to give us time back to run the business).  Later on in 2008 the GFC hit and affected the business income which meant I needed to find another job and then the following year we sold the business.  (Side note.... hubby is now back running his own business again as he really didn't enjoy working for anyone else.... I am still working full time elsewhere but the plan is that eventually we will go back to working together - one day!)

2. What happened to you at that age
42... that was 10 years ago... I don't think I can remember that far back!!  From the dim distant memory banks I think that life was just ticking over quite nicely - Hubby and I had been married 12 months and we were living the dream on our 2.5 acre block.... I was just getting back into my stitching again then after a break of a few years.

3. What happened when you had that life event (I am thinking Jo is talking about the small boy coming along at this time in her life)
Nothing to see here.... I haven't had children so I can't give you any details on this life event!  I do now have 2 grown up stepsons which I inherited when Hubby and I got together.... but the only babies that I have had in my life are all of the 4 legged variety!!

Now one last thing I need to do is post a picture of something I have stitched that I think Jo will like....

Seeing as I haven't stitched any dragons (yet) I will have to show off a Halloween piece... and I decided to use my Stitching Witch finish from earlier this year. (I love it... wish I could get more of that fabric!)


So that's me done.... I will sign off by saying Happy Birthday Jo! I hope you have the most wonderful birthday and that you get all that you wish and hope for on the day and going forward.  Thank you for being a wonderful friend (even though we have never met in person!)  I love your energy for stitching and blogging... I really don't know how you do it!  Have a fab stitching birthday....


Til til next, happy stitching
Hugs xx

19 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post Noni and I love your Hallowe'en stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I enjoyed learning more about you AND Jo in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for taking part in the Birthday Blog Hop. Your husband sounds like mine, he's always been self-employed and does not like having a boss!
    Love the spooky stitching too, I wonder how many blogs will feature Hallowe'en for me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking part in the Birthday Blog Hop. Your husband sounds like mine, he's always been self-employed and does not like having a boss!
    Love the spooky stitching too, I wonder how many blogs will feature Hallowe'en for me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! Love the Halloween stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A piece of cake in the left hand and champagne in the right one, I'm here, ready to drink to Jo's birthday with you! Great post, lovely purple fabric and stitching. Bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post, Leoni. Loved learning more about you...and Jo.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cake! Love the Halloween stitching .... in my fav colour too! Nice to know more about you .... and Jo too!
    Barbara xx (my year was 2011)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great N post and well done on your August projects, good luck with Septembers. Cute little owl, very different colours on the GG post.
    My hubby is self employed to and so am I

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific post - thank you for sharing. Love the fabric in the picture for Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man, I don't like having a boss either! Luckily housewifery means I'm my own boss. I'm lenient too. ;) It was fun hearing about your life though I think maybe staying in the bush would be more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The fabric for your Halloween piece is the best, So Love it. So glad your husband has been able to have his own business again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm hopping by on the blog hop. What a great post. Thanks for sharing. Love your Halloween piece. The fabric is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't that great idea for a blog hop? I loved to read about Jo's years - and I loved to read about the different events in the lives of her followers. You put together a great blog hop post for Jo's birthday - and that dragon is certainly to her liking.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! Love that finish too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am slowly hopping through the birthday blog posts. I enjoyed reading your lovely post. This is such a nice thing to be involved in.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post Noni! Fun reading about you and Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely stitching, love the fabric too. Thank you for sharing about yourself. Have a nice day:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥