I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

August SAL Updates.... September Stitching Goals....

web image
Hello! It's probably a bit late to do this post now... but never mind let's give it a go anyway!

August SAL Update:

**JCS SAL (FB Group)"Dear Santa" (Designer: The Little Stitcher) 
Fail.... I have started this one, in fact I am so close to finishing it that I can taste it... but I didn't get it done before the end of August!

**Christmas Ornie SAL Blog Theme: Christmas Clothing 
Fail.... I did finally find a design that I liked but didn't get it started or finished - it's on the September finish list now!

**Halloween Ornie SAL Blog Theme: Spooky Words - "Double Double" (Designer: Lizzie*Kate)  

**Lainey's Christmas Ornie SAL: posted 
**Smalls SAL: posted 

**Stitch Maynia (FB group)
Monthly SAL's:
"All that Glitters (month long) 
Started beading Prancer; stitched silver on Santa; stitched bronze on Queen of Peace
"Colour-A-Day SAL" - "Mellow Yellow" 
Stitched on Pegasus (Lakeside Needlecraft Fantasy SAL)
"Olympics"  
Previously posted all the stitching for this challenge

Year Long SAL's:
Year of Starts! (at least 1 start/finish each month): 
I had 5 starts and 3 finishes in August

Brooke's Books Year Long SAL: stitched on Christmas Grumpy Cat
2016 Chatelaine Shenanigans SAL: no progress.... 

**Cross Stitch Finish Line (FB group) 
"Monthly "Month" SAL - August": Fantasy SAL August design 
"Mill Hill SAL": started Scottie Dog - Mill Hill Kit 
"Now I know my ABC's - C": posted ABC Chats - C 
"Summer Solstice" - (June to Sept): stitched on Ete 

**Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2016 (DUCJC2016):
Modified to 31 starts & finishes 2016: as at the end of August I have 29 finishes for 2016 of which 24 are new starts for 2016 

**Lakeside Needlecraft / Durene Jones Fantasy SAL 
Monthly fantasy SAL designed by Durene Jones - aim is to start and finish the design during the month 
Started August but didn't quite get it finished

September SAL Plans:

**JCS SAL (FB Group): "Christmas Delivery" (Designer: New York Dreamer)

**Christmas Ornie SAL Blog June Theme: Christmas Food
**Halloween Ornie SAL Blog June Theme: Bad Fairies

**Stitch Maynia (FB group) 
"World of Pure Imagination (month long) - stitch on any piece that sparks your imagination
"Catch the Hogwarts Express" 1st Aug - Harry Potter theme
"To Boldly Stitch" 8th Aug - Star Trek theme
"Colour-A-Day SAL" - "Orange Crush" - work only on the orange sections of a design on 24th

**Cross Stitch Finish Line (FB group) 
"Monthly "Month" SAL - September"
"Mill Hill SAL" - stitch on any Mill Hill kit/design
"Now I know my ABC's "D" - 26th 
"Magazine/Book SAL" - 5th
"Summer Solstice" - (June to Sept): stitch any Summer piece through to Autumn Equinox (Northern Hemisphere Solstice)
"Autumn Equinox" - (Sept to Dec): stitch any Autumn piece through to Winter Solstice (Northern Hemisphere Solstice)

**Miribilia, Nora Corbett Designs SAL: (Nora Corbett Passions FB group) 

**Remember to post for:
Lainey's Christmas Ornie SAL
Smalls SAL

**Lakeside Needlecraft / Durene Jones Fantasy SAL (FB Group)
September design released 1 Sept

**Joyful World SAL - Snowflower Diaries (FB Group)
October design released 10 Sept

So not a bad month in August.... and September is shaping up ok so far!
Til next time...


Take care and happy stitching
Hugs xx

8 comments:

  1. Great progress on your August goals Noni. September goals look doable.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still looks good to me. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see a lot of ticks there, my dear and lots of great goals for September.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! This is all I can say!!! I am impressed with all your SAL's!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done to keep up with the blogposts, I see you have your hands full. Happy Stitching😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely job good luck in September :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were doing great in August. I hope September will be just as successful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥