I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

We're all going on a Summer Holiday... (Tenuous Shoe Horn Blog Party)


We're all going on a "Summer Holiday" (Cliff Richard) was one of my favourite songs as a kid!  The other song that reminds of summer is "Summer Love" (Sherbet).  That song and Sherbet's "Howzat" were summer staples for us as kids....

I grew up in the 70's and as a kid I couldn't wait for the Summer / Christmas Holidays to come around - no school and lots of sitting around reading or visiting the local swimming pool and getting tanned (or should I say cooked with all that coconut oil we used to slather on!!!) with the music blaring on our little cassette/tape recorders!  Those were the days!

Ok.... so what am I blabbing about Summer for... well, for one I am freezing and so over Winter - apparently according to the weather boffins it is the coldest winter that we have had for 18 years here in what should be sunny Perth - and don't I know it!  While we humans that live in the Southern Hemisphere are experiencing Winter for those of you in the Northern Hemisphere it is Summer and our lovely Jo (Serendipitous Stitching) is having a Summer Holiday Blog Party for everyone to show off their summer stitching - link to the linky post is here.

Jo's thinking is that while a lot of us stitch for the other seasons during the year as they tend to be covered by Easter, Halloween and Christmas, poor old Summer does occasionally get forgetten about!  So here is a post dedicated to Summer Stitching!!

In preparation for the post I went through my old blog posts to see what I have stitched and finished that relates to Summer.... and I did manage to find some summery stitching.

You can't go past All Our Yesterdays or Margaret Sherry for summer stitching

All Our Yesterdays - Faye Whittaker (Free gift)
Margaret Sherry - Bee Happy

Margaret Sherry - Gardening Snail
(Stitched for a Summer Exchange)

Margaret Sherry - Cool Cats "Summer"
And there are others.....

Beehive Cushion - Keepsake Stitches

Beehive Cupcake - Durene Jones

Lavender Girl - Snowflower Diaries
And just because I can... here's a shoe horn! An Aussie Santa - he is all ready for his day on the beach - after all we do celebrate Christmas in Summer down under!

Aussie Santa
And last but not least... how about an update on my current summer stitching - Moutons de Saisons "Été" - Collection Tralala

The last time I showed you "Été" it looked like this:

July 2016
and it now looks like this:

August 2016

I was going to save this til next week... but I did just have to share it as it is so close to being finished!!

So that's it for my post.... Hope you enjoyed my ramble/reminiscing of my summer stitching!

Til next time, happy stitching
Hugs xx

13 comments:

  1. Wow Noni, that's a lot of summer stitching . You surely like MS designs.Lovely summer stitching.Great progress on Été.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part. I just love the MS Cool Cat and the Aussie Santa too.
    I have stitched that first AOY design because the dog's tail didn't fit the mount! But it's not in my Happy Dance blog so where is it? I must launch a dog hunt immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the beehive cushion and the Santa is a fabulous shoehorn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet summer stitching Noni.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely summer stitching! I especially like the Margaret Sherry ones.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of lovely summer stitching. Love the Santa haha. Great job on your WIP you've got a ton done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You have such gorgeous Summer stitching pieces, Noni, my favourite being the AOY piece, I think. It has been a cold, long winter, here, too in Melbourne - Brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Noni! I love all your stitching! Especially the Beehive Cupcake, but also who could resist any Margaret Sherry pattern? Great progress on Été too!
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, those lovely MS stitching!Sure miss the exchanges we had, i was lucky to have received one from you!big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely stitchings, MS patterns are so great, love the hedgehog and the cool cat looks so funny with his ice cream ;). Your Aussie Santa is more sexy with his adventurous look and kangaroos are much useful than reindeer, they've got pockets! Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forgot to comment how dancing was this shoe horn linky party as we all added songs (Porgy & Bess with Kaye, Cliff Richard and Mungo Jerry for me). Lot of fun. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful progress I love the summer Santa :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of beautiful stitching pictures! Gardening snail is so adorable. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥