I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, August 22, 2016

Stitch Maynia Summer Olympics Challenge (Part 2)

Well, the Olympics have now come to an end which means that the Stitch Maynia Summer Olympics Challenge has also finished.

I showed you in my last post all the pieces that I worked on for the first 11 days and now I can show you what I worked over the last week or so.

I left you at Day 11 which was white for the Olympic flag....

"Santa on a Bike" (New Start)
Christmas Cross Stitch Project Book
Needlecraft Magazine - unknown year/issue
Day 12 - Cycling (or anything with a wheel)
Insert photo shows what he will look like when finished
This motif is part of a larger tablecloth design
I'm not doing his bike tyres in purple....
Day 15 - Medals - Silver
This wasn't my original choice... I did start doing a silver and purple metallic mitten on perforated plastic with some free Maderia metallic thread... and I hated it so much I threw it in the drawer in disgust and quickly stitched the yellow and silver in this one.  The mitten was frogged on Saturday and will not be discussed again!!

Nora Corbett's Christmas Couriers -"Comet"
Shoe-horn alert!!
Day 13 - Medals - Gold
Day 14 - Patriotic/National Anthems (or music related)
Added the browns of his hind legs
For gold I stitched all the gold metallic around the ribbon that forms part of the strapping/ribbon holding the presents on.

Now this is where the shoe-horn appears.... I am not currently stitching anything that could be called patriotic or music inspired so I decided that I would use the rather large shoe-horn I have to lever Comet in as a Christmas National Anthem (ie he is in the song "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer"....) LOL! :o)

Christmas Candle (new start)
Cross Stitch Gold Issue 5
Designer: Pam Johnson (Kooler Design Studio)
Finish #28
Day 15 - Olympic Torch - fire or flames
Started: 20 August 2016
Finished: 21 August 2016
Queen of Peace
Designer: Nora Corbett
Day 16 - Medals - Copper/Bronze
I pulled this beauty out yesterday and did some stitching on her (not quite as much as it looks as I hadn't taken a progress shot last time I put her away!

I did work on quite a bit though from the ribbon in the middle downwards and to the left as I wanted to get to the bronze metallic so that I would be able to say that I stitched on bronze for the last day of the challenge!

So that's it for the Olympic Stitching Challenge!

See you next time!
Til then... happy stitching
Hugs xx

12 comments:

  1. This makes me feel tired just reading it! Great shoe-horning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lot of Olympic stitching there,definitely worth a gold medal:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic progress and LOVE how you fit them into their categories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree Rudolph is a perfect National Anthem for Comet. I think your stitching choices are great and I had fun with this Olympic Challenge too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on completing the Stitch Maynia Marathon! It was good fun finding all the themed designs for each day. Wheel was my biggest shoehorn, luckily I remembered a Mandala is often called a Mandala Wheel so I used that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very impressive! Beautiful projects and excellent progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful projects for the challenge, Noni, I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful stitching pieces!!! :)
    Hugs,
    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, that was a big shoe horn. Great projects that you used for the Olympic stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely progress on everything congrats on finishing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥