I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Stitch Maynia Summer Olympics Challenge (Part 1)

Hello!  I thought that I might do a quick mid-way point update on my stitching for the Stitch Maynia Olympics event.

I know that there are multiple events running in the stitching world via Facebook Groups and Bloggers... but I am only participating in one (for a change!)....

So, let's get started!

As I used one piece for mulitple days I will show you that one first...

Lakeside Fantasy SAL / Durene Jones
August - Pegasus (new start)
I stitched on this design for the following days:
Day 1 - Olympic Rings - Blue
Day 3 - Olympic Rings - Yellow
Day 9 - Olympic Rings - Red
Day 10 - Equestrian Events - Animals / Horse

Pegasus as he looks now after the Olympic stitching days
Collection Tralala
Moutons de Saisons Été (WIP)
Day 2 - Opening Ceremony - International Theme
(You have seen this one before - sorry....)

left pic: before - right pic: after
Finished the left border and started the red border
Snowflower Diaries
Joyful World SAL - March (WIP)
Day 4 - Aquatics Events - Water

top pic: before - bottom pic: after
stitched more of the blue water
Lizzie Kate
Double Double (new start)
Day 5 - Olympic Rings - Black
New start - stitched "Toil"
Jean Farish
Holly Garland (WIP)
Day 6 - Gymnastics - Speciality Stitches (cable stitch outer box)
Day 7 - Olympic Rings - Green (more of the green leaves)
stitched the outer box and more of the green leaves

Day 8 - Triathalon - stitch on 3 projects
Fail... had a blow out on the final leg of the triathalon!
I only managed to stitch on 2 WIPs on Friday night as we went out for dinner

Kate Knight Peacock Freebie
After pic - left; Before pic - right


Kate Knight Floral Bookmark Freebie
After pic - left; before pic - right
Mill Hill Kit
Winter Holiday Collection - Scottie (new start)
Day 11 - Olympic Flag - White

New start - stitched the white and black

So that's it for my mid-way Stitch Maynia Olympics update.  Tonight I need to find something with wheels (preferably a bike!) to stitch on!  I don't think I have anything with wheels in amongst my WIPs so this could be an interesting one!

Til my next update, happy stitching
Hugs xx


12 comments:

  1. Great work on the Olympic challenge Noni. You have made good progress on your WIPs and new starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely stitching on all your projects Noni....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really cool Olympic challenge. And I love the pieces that you chose for the different events. Very cool indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the challenge pics. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such wonderful choices for your Olympics. I am glad to see you used some pieces for more than one day. I am doing that too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work on the Olympics pieces. I'm really enjoying the challenge too and have a sneaky shoehorn for today's Wheel theme.
    You could say that Durene's sampler has wheel shapes in it?
    I love those Jean Farish designs. I have some bookmarked but haven't bought any yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing really well. Lovely project choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you found something! Great job so far!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Olympic stitching. Beautiful designs:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Santa on his bike is really cute. Great progress on the Pegasus. Lovely purple fabric for hocus pocus!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)