I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

July SAL Updates.... August Stitching Goals....

web image
Hello! Another month has flown by and now we are into August, so it's time to do a SAL update post.

July SAL Update:

**JCS SAL (FB Group)"Pure Love" (Designer: Snowflower Diaries) 
Fail.... I just couldn't get myself going to stitch this one for some reason (I think it is because it is not very Christmassy...) so on Sunday (I know last day of the month!) I decided to use my wild card and stitch something else from the magazine... pics to come in a day or so

**Christmas Ornie SAL Blog Theme: Free Choice - Joyful Santa, Tartan Stocking, Punched Needlepoint Card, Noel decoration 

**Halloween Ornie SAL Blog Theme: Witches Accessories - "Stitching Witch" (Designer: The Stitcherhood)  

**Lainey's Christmas Ornie SAL: posted 
**Smalls SAL: posted 

**Stitch Maynia (FB group)
Monthly SAL's:
It's a Sunshine Day (month long) - stitch on any piece that has a summery, sunshine, or tropical theme) 
Stitched on the "Moutons de Saisons été" by Collection Tralala

"Colour-A-Day SAL" - "Back in Black" - stitch the black sections of a design on 24th July 
Stitched on "Halloween Sneak Peak" by the Trilogy

"Winter Holidays / Christmas in July" - 25th July 
Stitched on "penguin and snowman" Christmas Card

Year Long SAL's:
Year of Starts! (at least 1 start/finish each month): 
I had 2 starts and finishes in July (counting all the circles of Lakeside SAL as a start and finish)

Brooke's Books Year Long SAL: no progress on the Advent Animals....
2016 Chatelaine Shenanigans SAL: no progress....

**Cross Stitch Finish Line (FB group) 
"Monthly "Month" SAL - July " - stitch on something with July in it and/or something that has to do with July 
"Mill Hill SAL" - stitch on any Mill Hill kit/design 
"Christmas in July" - get a head start on Christmas cards and/or ornies 
"Now I know my ABC's" 26th July - "B" 
"Summer Solstice" - (June to Sept): stitch any summer piece you want through to Autumn Solstice (Northern Hemisphere Solstice) 

**Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2016 (DUCJC2016):
Modified to 31 starts & finishes 2016: as at the end of July I have 26 finishes for 2016 of which 21 are new starts for 2016 


**Lakeside Needlecraft / Durene Jones Fantasy SAL 
As I have previously mentioned I joined another monthly SAL.... this one is being hosted by Lakeside Needlecraft in the UK and is designed by Durene Jones.  It is a monthly fantasy SAL starting in July with the border release.  For July my goal was to complete all the circles - which I did!

August SAL Plans:

**JCS SAL (FB Group): "Dear Santa" (Designer: The Little Stitcher)

**Christmas Ornie SAL Blog August Theme: Christmas Clothing
**Halloween Ornie SAL Blog August Theme: Spooky Words

**Stitch Maynia (FB group) 
"All that Glitters (month long) - stitch on any piece that has beads or metallics in it)
"Colour-A-Day SAL" - "Mellow Yellow" - work only on the yellow sections of a design on 24th August
"Olympics" - daily stitching themes to celebrate the Olympics (5th - 20th Aug)

**Cross Stitch Finish Line (FB group) 
"Monthly "Month" SAL - August" - stitch on something with August in it
"Mill Hill SAL" - stitch on any Mill Hill kit/design
"Now I know my ABC's" 26th Aug - "C"
"Beat the Heat" 15th - 31st Aug
"Summer Solstice" - (June to Sept): stitch any summer piece through to Autumn Solstice (Northern Hemisphere Solstice)

**Miribilia, Nora Corbett Designs SAL: (Nora Corbett Passions FB group) 

**Remember to post for:
Lainey's Christmas Ornie SAL
Smalls SAL

**Lakeside Needlecraft / Durene Jones Fantasy SAL (FB Group)
August design released 1 Aug

**Joyful World SAL - Snowflower Diaires (FB Group)
September design released 10 Aug

So that's it... a bit of a mixed bag this month - just as many crosses as ticks! Oh well there is always August to look forward to!

Til next time...


Take care and happy stitching
Hugs xx

6 comments:

  1. Wow! Grace! Are your needles smoking? You got a lot done! Puts me to shame.....
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a list of stitching!!I am still having difficulty stitching on one project with my stitchy bug away soewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the new month SALs. Looking forward to more beautiful stitching progress:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like lots of ticks to me! Well done, Noni.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)