I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, July 1, 2016

June SAL Updates.... July Stitching Goals....

web image
Hello! Another month has flown by and now we are into July, so it's time to do a SAL update post.

June SAL Update:

**JCS SAL (FB Group)"Joyful Santa" (Designer: Homespun Elegance)  

**Christmas Ornie SAL Blog Theme: Christmas Animals/Pets - Penguin Christmas Card (free gift)  

**Halloween Ornie SAL Blog Theme: Free Choice - "Witch and Friends" (Designer: Donna Giampa/Vermillion Stitching)  

**Lainey's Christmas Ornie SAL: posted 
**Smalls SAL: posted 

**Stitch Maynia (FB group)
Monthly SAL's:
Monthly SAL: "Whine & WIPs" - work on those pieces that make us whine!:  
Stitched on multiple WIPs - even managed to get a finish!

Colour-A-Day SAL (24th of month) "Pretty in Pink"   
Stitched on Nora Corbett's Queen of Peace - pink flowers in the bouquet

Year Long SAL's:
Year of Starts! (at least 1 start/finish each month): 
I had 4 starts and finishes in June

Brooke's Books Year Long SAL: no progress on the Advent Animals....
2016 Chatelaine Shenanigans SAL: stitched on Mini Mandala II (C)  

**Cross Stitch Finish Line (FB group) 
"Vintage SAL" - started 4 vintage/old designs - finished 3!
"Summer Solstice" (June to Sept) - started "June" Joyful World SAL - Snowflower Diaries
"Now I know my ABC's" (A) - using ABC Chats as my design choice for this one - "A" already stitched
"June Monthly "Month" SAL" - started "June" Joyful World SAL - Snowflower Diaries

**Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2016 (DUCJC2016):
Modified to 31 starts & finishes 2016: as at the end of June I have 25 finishes for 2016 of which 20 are new starts for 2016 

**Miribilia, Nora Corbett Designs SAL: (Nora Corbett Passions FB group) - stitching on Queen Anne's Lace and Queen of Peace where they fit in with each weekly SAL theme.

July SAL Plans:

**JCS SAL (FB Group): "Pure Love" (Designer: Snowflower Diaries)

**Christmas Ornie SAL Blog July Theme: Free choice
**Halloween Ornie SAL Blog July Theme: Witches Accessories

**Stitch Maynia (FB group) 
"It's a Sunshine Day (month long) - stitch on any piece that has a summery, sunshine, or tropical theme)
"Colour-A-Day SAL" - "Back in Black" - work only on the black sections of a design on 24th July
"Winter Holidays in July" - celebrate Holidays/Christmas in July - 25th July

**Cross Stitch, it's Fun (FB group) 
"July Monthly SAL - stitch 100 stitches per week on your most challenging piece
"Around the World" SAL - stitch on any design relating to where you live or where you would like to visit

**Cross Stitch Finish Line (FB group) 
"Monthly "Month" SAL - July " - stitch on something with July in it and/or something that has to do with July
"Mill Hill SAL" - stitch on any Mill Hill kit/design
"Christmas in July" - get a head start on Christmas cards and/or ornies
"Now I know my ABC's" 26th July - "B"
"Summer Solstice" - (June to Sept): stitch any summer piece you want through to Autumn Solstice (Northern Hemisphere Solstice)

**Miribilia, Nora Corbett Designs SAL: (Nora Corbett Passions FB group) 

**Remember to post for:
Lainey's Christmas Ornie SAL
Smalls SAL

**Lakeside Needlecraft / Durene Jones Fantasy SAL
I have also joined another monthly SAL.... this one is being hosted by Lakeside Needlecraft in the UK and is designed by Durene Jones.  It is a monthly fantasy SAL starting in July with the border release.  I had to join it as the border colours are gorgeous and I do love Durene's designs... so what's a girl to do!!

So that's it... another good month of ticks on my monthly goals....

Til next time...


Take care and happy stitching
Hugs xx

3 comments:

  1. Goodness Noni!!! I got tired just reading through these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me you are the Queen of SALs :)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)