I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL 2016 - Update #7


July has arrived and is half way through which can only mean it is time to post my GG stitching... and surprise, surprise I actually have some to show you!

Moutons de Saisons "Printemps et Été" - Collection Tralala
Gift from Kaye from Kitten Stitching.  The original post of when Kaye gave me these charts is here.

Tralala Collection - Mouton de Saisons
I finally pulled "Été" out of the WIP basket and gave it some love this month as it was feeling very neglected!  Plus, I so needed something summery to stitch to help me get through this very cold winter we are currently having here in Perth!
(I know it's not really cold compared to where some of you dear readers live... but for me (and most of the Perth-ites) it is like the Antarctic has moved north and is blowing raspberries at us!!  We even had hail last weekend...)

Anyway I digress!!  The last time I stitched on "Été" was way back in May 2015! Over a year ago... oh my goodness.. I had not even realised that it was so long ago until I checked back on my blog just then!!!  This is what "Été" looked like when I last showed you a WIP photo....

Été - May 2015
and this is what "Été" looks like now:


I have left this one in the stitching drawer near my stitching chair in the hope that it will scream at me again soon and it might end up being a finish before the end of the year!! (Notice I am not setting my hopes too high!)

I am stitching this design using all DMC threads and the fabric is from Stitches and Spice - 28ct Cashel Linen Fairy Forest.  It is the same fabric that I stitched "Printemps" on but there is more pink in this piece so it is actually showing up better in the picture.

Next month I will be able to show you some gift stitching that I sent as part of a "Christmas in July Swap"... so stay tuned for that one!!

Before I go, thank you for all the lovely get well wishes :o) I survived my first week back at work this week.... it was tough but I got through it - just!  Lots of rest and stitching for the weekend so that I will be up and at 'em again on Monday morning!

Enjoy the weekend... I think it might actually be IHSW so I best get over to Joyze's blog and sign up!


Til next time, happy stitching

Jo from Serendipitous Stitching hosts the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL.  The GG SAL is about stitching charts/kits or using fabrics & threads that we have received as gifts, won in giveaways or anything that is intended be a gift or giveaway prize... or anything else that you can loosely use the word "gift" for!!  If you wish to sign up for this SAL, click on the button below or the button on my sidebar and you will be re-directed to Jo's blog.

11 comments:

  1. Glad to see those lovely sheeps back to the meadow. Love those Tralala charts, it's time to see if you're a sheperdess who is caring for her little herd. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors on that lovely fabric. Oh I would love to have some cold temperatures here...the sun is blazing here ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series- please don't put Ete away for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely stitching Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Great work on Summer during your Winter. I am sure you can finish this one if you keep it close and add a few stitches every day/week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, so lovely to see the Tra La La design out and about again. Also, so glad to see that you survived your first week back at work after the op. K xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the little sheep is so adorable! And the fabric is so beautiful =) Great work.

    I just see that you are reading A Banquet of Consequences :D this one is still on my to-read list and I hope you enjoy it :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed popping in to see your GG report. I do love your delightful WIP - it is quite joyous. I know what you mean about the weather - we are having our coldest winter in many years here in the east. I keep reminding myself that this too will pass!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this series and have stitched a few myself :)
    Great fabric choice for the Eté one, it looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stitching is so neat. Love the fabric choice too👍

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)