I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

WIPs and Finishes....

Morning All!! Today's post is a very quick stitching update with WIPs and finishes on show :o)

Let's start with my 2 latest finishes.... I did manage to get both of these finished by 31 May... but I haven't as yet posted them on my blog.

Finish # 18
Christmas Test Drive - Mosey N' Me
Just Cross Stitch Christmas 2015 issue

Started: 7 May 2016
Finished: 27 May 2016
Stitched on plain green 28ct linen with DMC threads

Finish # 19
Penguin Christmas Card
Free Gift - Cross Stitch Crazy

Started: 12 May 2016
Finished: 29 May 2016
Freebie christmas card.... stitched using fabric and threads included in the free gift.

Whine and WIPs - June SAL event for Stitch Maynia Facebook Group
The month long SAL for Stitch Maynia this month is called "Whine and WIPs".  The SAL is all about stitching on WIPs that make you whine for whatever reason..... including because you dislike then for some reason or you just wanted to get them finished... you get the idea!

My plans for this month is that I would like to try and stitch on all my current WIPs this month as my whine is that I want to get them finished and I just never seem to have enough stitching time!!

So far the WIP's I have worked on are:

Mini Mandala II - C
Last stitched date: 19 January 2016

As at 1 June 2016

Joyful World SAL - February
Last stitched date: 3 February 2016

As at 2 June 2016

Joyful World SAL - April
Last stitched date: 11 May 2016

As at 3 June 2016

Joyful World SAL - March
Last stitched date: 10 May 2016
As at 4 June 2016

Faces of Joan Elliott SAL - Holly Fairy
Last stitched date: 25 April 2016
as at 5 June 2016

One more WIP for you.... this one is the Queen of Peace by Nora Corbett.  The last time I showed this to you it looked like this:
So now it looks like this.....
"Queen of Peace" as at 31 May 2016
You may notice that I have had to frog some of what I had previously stitched.... I was out by one in the green which put everything that I had previously stitched off... I knew that I wouldn't be able to fudge it as I went along... so... out it came!! Oh well I am slowly getting back up to the same spot!

That's my update for Whine and WIPs so far.... more to come later in the month.


Til next time.... happy stitching!
Hugs xx

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on the cute finishes Noni and nice progress on all of your WIP's.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress! I love the igloo card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of lovely cross stitch Noni. Love the chrissy ones...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy fingers! Well done with the finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finishes. Great choices for Whine & WIPs . I'm about to join this SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your two Christmas finishes are adorable.
    I can certainly understand the whine on the last WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your finishes and great photos of your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finishes; Santa is so cute! Lovely progress on the WIPs. April Snowflower is adorable. Sorry about the frogging, that will be good project for whine & wips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much lovely stitching! I love the penguin card....too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, lots of updates and great finishes too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely finishes and your projects are going great too !! Cute penguin card :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great progress, and such a cute santa!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet progress and lovely finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great work on your WIPs, love the Mini Chatelaine.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two lovely finishes, my dear and it looks like your "Whining" has paid off - great progress on your WIPs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These finishes are both very sweet. And I love your plan to stitch on all your WIPs this month and make progress on them. Your first progress pictures prove that your plan is good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Santa sitting so comfortably on his mode of transport!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥