I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, May 26, 2016

May WIP Update....


Two posts in one day.... wow!  What has happened... well.. I am off work sick again - that's what happened!!

You know the old saying it never rains but it pours - well I think that is me at the moment!

I spent all of last Saturday and half of Sunday in the Emergency Department of our local hospital in the most agonising pain with my gallbladder!  They also hooked me up to a potassium drip for over 9 hrs as my potassium levels were really low.... I couldn't stitch til Saturday night when they unhooked me and then I didn't get much done as I wasn't feeling too flash!  Then on Sunday morning the hospital staff went into a spin as my liver levels had gone on a 24hr skyrocket ride!!  I think I was very lucky that they let me go home at all...

I go back to the Doctor tomorrow afternoon to check on what yesterday's ultrasound scan showed - although the Radiographer did tell me she could see a gallstone.... :o(

So I have been at home all week recovering and praying that the gallstone doesn't get stuck again.   Every twinge I get in my back/chest is freaking me out at the moment....

So while I worry about work.... and my health... I have managed to spend a bit more time stitching that I would normally get done during the week!

WIP updates.....

Queen of Peace - Nora Corbett

Christmas Test Drive - Mosey N Me
Almost done..... 
ABC Chats - F (Les Brodeuses Parisienne)
Stitched on this for "Stitchers in Red"SAL - 24 May 2016
These three are all part of my May starts for the Stitch Maynia SAL and hopefully before the end of May I will have at least one of them finished!

That's it for today... I am now going to go back to my couch and blanket for puppy cuddles and lots of afternoon stitching!


Til next time... happy stitching!
Hugs xx

21 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that you aren't feeling well. I have been operated once for kidney stones once in 2011. It's being long since i got a checkup done that last few days I couldn't sleep thinking that every pinch in the body is bcoz of the stones.
    I hope you get some comfort out of stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can sympathise with the gall bladder problems
    Been there done that
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Noni, I am so sorry to read of this. I am praying for you dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear you might have a gallstone, I've been checked for those too, no fun. Great stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my, Leonie, how awful that you have been in such pain. I just hope that you will feel better soon and that something can be done to improve your health.
    Stitching on these lovely pieces is certainly a little consolation. At least I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry you're not feeling well and had to spend time in the hospital. Your stitching is lovely, however.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yech, Noni!! :( That sounds awful. You feeling better? WIPs look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, Noni, it sounds like that gall bladder will be coming out very soon. On a happier note, gorgeous stitching and I love Christmas Test Drive. Feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you feel better soon. Your WIPs are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely progress I hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! Hope your stitching is helping to keep your mind off the pain and you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ouch! Our local hospital is in a place called Gorleston which is pronounced Gallston. So maybe you should come here?
    Nice starts for Maynia, hope you get a finish too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops, I'm late in reading. Two posts indeed! Lovely WIPs as always:) Hope you're feeling fine now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry you're under the weather. I hope you feel better soon. Lovely stitching.....and nothing like cuddling up with fur babies for some comfort.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that is not good news Noni!
    Hope you will get better soon!
    Your stitching does look great.
    Big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you are feeling much better Leonie {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  17. so sorry to hear you have health issues ..I will pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Three pretty designs, sorry about the health problems and hope that you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  19. oooo that sounds not that fun.. hope you get better soon.
    beautifull designs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Being in the hospital on a drip is rough! I do hope you're feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥