I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, April 25, 2016

Purple Haze and more!

Web image
Today is Anzac Day... 
a day when we remember those wonderful men and women
who fought for the freedoms that we take for granted today

I have a bit of a stitching update for you today... and another finish :o)

Finish #16
"Very Merry Christmas" - Medina Originals
Just Cross Stitch Christmas 2015 magazine

Very Merry Christmas - Medina Originals
JCS Christmas 2015
Very Merry Christmas is my finish for the JCS SAL on FB.  I stitched this on 32ct Belfast "Camofudge" from Stitches & Spice.  Unfortunately I couldn't get a good photo that shows the true colour of the fabric.... the progress photo below is a bit closer to the true colour of the fabric.


Sadly I had an email from Noami the other day to say that due to ill health she is closing down Stitches & Spice.... such a shame.  I love her fabrics - hopefully she has enough in stock so that I can get some more of my favourites before the doors close for the last time!

Stitching Update:

Joyful World SAL - February (Snowflower Diaries)
I managed to get a little bit more stitched on the bottom row of "February" over the weekend
February - Joyful World SAL
Snowflower Diaries
Next up is a long forgotten WIP... "Faces of Joan Elliott SAL".  I haven't stitched on this since September last year.  I decided to pick this one up again yesterday for the Stitch Maynia Colour-A-Day "Purple Haze" event. (Colour-A-Day is where one day a month you stitch only that day's colour)

"Faces of JE SAL" - purple haze stitching
For "Purple Haze" I started the fairy in the bottom right hand corner... the Holly Fairy (I think she is called).  This is all the purple in that fairy done now!  Update photo of the whole piece is below:


Well, that's it for this update... time to get back to my stitching again.  Not sure what I will work on today - it might be my Chatelaine WIP or maybe back onto the fairy or Joyful World...  Spoilt for choice at the moment!


So til next time... happy stitching
Hugs xx



12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your Christmas finish,it is pretty.
    I love your Purple Haze stitching..gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Christmas stitching .
    And Purple haze is beautiful .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome progress on all of your projects Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the little wordy Christmas tree. And the idea of having a day dedicated to just one colour. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy needle and some wonderful stitching because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely progress and congrats on the beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a shame that Stitches & Spice is closing... although I'd never ordered from them, it certainly seemed like they had fab fabrics & threads.
    Great purple stitching there... your post title had me thinking of the AFL-style purple haze!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is there ever a time you dont have enough choice?:-)
    Really love the snowflower diaries one. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas finish is so sweet. I'm taking a liking to these little designs which are made from a phrase; it's a good excuse to break out the variegated thread. I wonder what you'll stitch on next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have a wonderful ornament finish. And yes, that fabric looks gorgeous.
    So good that you pulled out your Joan Elliott piece again. It's so beautiful and deserves to get a little bit more attention :) Nice progress also on Joyful World.

    ReplyDelete
  11. always so many beautifull pieces I see here!!
    I really miss stitching, but really no idea what to start and when... crochet and sewing take all my time now

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥