I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, April 22, 2016

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL 2016 - Update #4


Continuing on with my tradition of being late for posting.... here I am late again for my GG post! :o0

Friday Frolic & GG Entry:
This month I have a finished gift to show you.... this was one of my DUCSJC2016 and Cross Stitch Crazy January starts.  When I left it on January 7 it looked like this....


... and now after stitching on it last Friday night for Friday Frolics and IHSW it is finished... and framed!

Finish #15
"With Love" - Designer: Lesley Teare
Free Gift from Cross Stitch Card Shop

With Love - Designer: Lesley Teare
Cross Stitch Card Shop Freebie
The free gift included a card but I decided to paint up a small frame and use the card opening as a mount instead. (Think I went a bit overboard with the dots!! I was definitely feeling my inner dottiness when I painted this on Sunday!!)

So where does the gift part come into my latest finish? Well, I will be sending this one to my Mum for Mother's Day... (hopefully she doesn't read my blog before next Sunday...)

So that was my Friday Frolic stitching... now onto the rest of weekend's stitching...

IHSW Update:
On Saturday I decided that it was high time to start another of the Snowflower Diaries "Joyful World SAL" pieces as I am woefully behind in stitching these cute designs.  Also, I thought that I could use "February" as part of my Stitch Maynia "April Showers Bring May Flowers" SAL entry.  (My stitching for Mum is also an entry for that SAL)

Snowflower Diaries - Joyful World SAL - February
This is where I got to after stitching on this on Saturday, Sunday and Monday evening.

So overall I had quite a successful IHSW!

I do have another WIP to show you... this one is a 2015 WIP that I started as part of last year's crazy January challenges.  When I last showed this one on my blog back on 1 February 2015 it looked like this:


It now looks like this:

Flowerpot Kitty - Designer: Helz Cuppleditch
Free Gift - World of Cross Stitching magazine
This is a Helz Cuppleditch design and was a free gift from The World of Cross Stitching magazine (WOCS).   I have to admit that I am finding the threads in this freebie absolutely horrible to stitch with.... they won't lie flat and they keep fraying/shredding..... and if I have to frog... oh my goodness don't get me started on that! I suspect they are very cheap!! I now remember why I put it away after starting it last year! But I am nearly finished so I will leave it in the stitching basket and try and get it done before the end of April.

The rest of the week just gone I have been stitching on my JCS Christmas Ornie... fingers crossed that will be finished over the weekend.  Sorry forgot to take a progress pic last night...

So that is it for my latest stitching round up.... Before I go, I would like to thank you for all your lovely comments on my last post.  I really appreciate your kind thoughts and wishes :o) I am feeling a lot better this week so hopefully that is a good sign that things are settling down again!

This weekend we have a long weekend here in Australia for Anzac Day so I will be resting, stitching and catching up with Floss Tube, or the many episodes of the Good Wife, Silent Witness and whatever else I have taped on Foxtel!  So a big weekend ahead...

Til next time, happy stitching
PS: if you have noticed all the purple on this post... besides it being my favourite colour... this is my tribute to Prince who passed away overnight ;o( 2016 is turning out to be a very sad year..... ;o(
Jo from Serendipitous Stitching hosts the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL.  The GG SAL is about stitching charts/kits or using fabrics & threads that we have received as gifts, won in giveaways or anything that is intended be a gift or giveaway prize... or anything else that you can loosely use the word "gift" for!!  If you wish to sign up for this SAL, click on the button below or the button on my sidebar and you will be re-directed to Jo's blog.

12 comments:

  1. What a wonderful contribution to the GG SAL you have. This little gift for your mom is really gorgeous. I love what you were doing with the frame - cool colours!
    Nice progress on Joyful World and that Flowerpot Kitten will be so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet stitching, I love that little kitty, it's sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous stitching,I love your dottiness:) it's a great finish.Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your finish is lovey - the frame you painted matches it perfectly, and all the dots are so cheerful and exuberant :) Before I looked at the photo closely, I thought the frame was the custom mount that came with the magazine, it matches that well! Great stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking part in GG. Don't forget to link up!
    Great work on your three pieces and a lovely custom frame too.
    I hated the cheap threads they started giving out with the cover kits, the cheap aida was bad enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the finish! I love the frame. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful progress congrats on the finish I love the frame!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your finish - your mom is going to be thrilled with it. Cute kitten as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Lesley Teare design, so pretty and your frame is perfect for it!
    I stitched that Helz Cuppleditch kitty too and ended up frogging quite a bit. I agree, the included threads were horrible, but it's really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stitching and well done on the frame! I hope the kitty kit is done with soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute finish for your mom. Good progress in the Kitty and Snowflower SAL.
    I love the free cover kits that come with the magazines. May be because we don't have to worry about how to finish finish them and they are good for people like me who have limited stash.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that frame and don't think you went overboard on the dots at all! Lovely stitching and progress all round. Fingers crossed for a healthier and stitchier May. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥