I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

March Goals & February Finishes....

Hello! Another month has flown by...  it is getting very boring how quickly time is flying by now!!

I am back to give you a bit of a update and to show you my latest finish!

Finish #7
My latest finish is another Prairie Schooler design... "Winter's Eve".  I stitched this as my Feb ornie for the JCS SAL.

"Winter's Eve" - The Prairie Schooler
Just Cross Stitch Christnas 2015
I stitched this design on a piece of Navy 14ct Aida.... I haven't stitched on Aida for so long so it was quite nice to do so for a change!  The eagled eyed amongst you may notice a mistake or two... and a change in colour!  The bunny and smoke are supposed to be DMC3022 but as I didn't have that in my stash I changed both out.  I think I should have used a darker brown for the bunny as he blends a bit in the snow!  The main boo-boo was just a bit too major to frog everything so I have left it.... for some reason the house is out and of course that put everything else out!  I stitched the border counting from the roof and then when it came to doing the trees I discovered my error! Oops.... never mind I think it still looks ok with the tree tops right up to the top of the border! :o)

Latest finish done.... SAL update to come! :o)

February SAL Update:
At the beginning of February I set out the SAL goals that I was hoping to achieve during the month... below is an update those SAL's.

**JCS SAL (FB Group) - February: "Winter's Eve" (Designer: The Prairie Schooler) ü

**Christmas Ornie SAL Blog February Theme: Snow - "Snow Mates" (Designer: Blue Ribbon Designs) ü

**Halloween Ornie SAL Blog February Theme: Mummies and Monsters - "Pumpkin Man" (Designer: The Prairie Schooler) ü

**Stitch Maynia (FB group) February SAL update listed below:

- February SAL: "We Love Stitching" (Valentine's theme/or stitching anything we love):  ü
shoehorned "Winter's Eve" into this because I love Christmas designs and I have found a new love - The Prairie Schooler!

Year of Starts! (12 monthly starts): ü "Winter's Eve" was my February start/finish

2016 Chatelaine Shenanigans SAL: no change on my Chatelaine WIP.....

Brooke's Books Year Long SAL!: no stitching on my Brooke's Books WIP's in February

**Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2016 (DUCJC2016): have sort of changed my mind on this one... I will now try for 31 starts in 2016 (and 31 finishes in 2016!)


March SAL Plans:
**Stitch Maynia (FB group) March SAL is "It isn't easy being Green" - anything that has green in it or is spring related...

JCS SAL (FB Group): "Merry Christmas" (Designer: Samplers Not Forgetten)

Christmas Ornie SAL Blog March Theme: Santa and his helpers

Halloween Ornie SAL Blog March Theme: Pumpkins

Well that's it for today.... time for me to get back to my stitching!  Til next time...


Take care and happy stitching
Hugs xx

17 comments:

  1. It looks great! Our mess ups are just personalization and boy are my pieces personal lol. Bunnies try to blend in with the snow so they don't get eaten so I think he's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your finish ..it's so sweet
    Good luck with your goal dear
    Happy stitching x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your PS stitching , looks like you are such a busy stitcher.
    And yes time is passing by far to fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another sweet finish!
    Good luck with your stitching goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the adorable finish. I think it looks just fine the way you did it. The rabbit is just camouflaged from predators. Good luck with your March Goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your PS finish...and yes time is going too quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the cute finish Noni. Good luck with your goals.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would never know anything was off with the finish, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your finish and would never have guessed there was anything wrong with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Time is certainly flying by. I love your finish, that's a lot of SALs haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. No-one would have known about the mishaps if you hadn't told us! It looks lovely to me.
    Glad you listed the Hallowe'en theme. I set them and forget them! It always comes as a surprise to me. I shall look forward to lots of pumpkins this month now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so organized! I love seeing all your SAL's. I also hope to finish 31 projects in 2016. We will see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute finish! It looks lovely on the dark fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your ornie on the navy but can't see any mistakes! Great progress on your February goals; fingers crossed for as much success in March. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderful Prairie Schooler finish. And as I don't know the original design I don't see anything wrong in it :) Have a successful stitch-y March.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥