I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, February 18, 2016

My First Prairie Schooler!

Yes, you read the title correctly!  I have just stitched my very first Prairie Schooler design!  And I loved it... don't know why it took me so long to stitch one!  As usual I am late to the party and I have discovered that I enjoy stitching them just as the designers have decided to stop designing!!

My first PS stitch is "Pumpkin Man".  I stitched him for the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL Blog as February's theme is "Mummies and Monsters".  I always have trouble finding designs for this theme as I am not a stitcher of monsters normally... but when I saw this design I thought he was cute and just the thing for February!!

Finish #5
"Pumpkin Man" - The Prairie Schooler

"Pumpkin Man"
Finished 14 February 2016
The design was published in the Just Cross Stitch Magazine Halloween 2015 issue.  He was very quick to stitch, which was great as a quick finish is just the way I like it!! :o)

I have now started another small Prairie Schooler design which I hope to be able to show you in the next few days as I think it should stitch up quite quickly as well.

So that's it for this post... but I will be back shortly with my GG update and another finish!!

See you then!
Hugs xx


18 comments:

  1. Pumpkin man looks great, another finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a great choice for Monsters! I am considering getting a couple of their Hallowe'en charts while you still can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a cutie! I'm not a big PS fan usually but I like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your first PS finish Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute! Congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks great! I've never stitched a prairie schooler before either but I love watching everyone's progress who does stitch one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow! He looks fab, Noni - I just love him. Congrats on your first PS finish - now you are hooked, I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Started and finished!!
    Congrat.. never seen it before!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! Congrats on the cute finish. I've stitched my first last year:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's very cute, especially for a monster! Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, he is just adorable--don't you love Prairie Schooler?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you chose a great little design to stitch your first Prairie Schooler. A sweet monster. And I'm sure now you started your PD adventure you will always come back to this designer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)