I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Stitchy Year



Wow, where did 2015 go - it seems like every time I blink lately another day/week/month went by - I think I will have to stop blinking! (Dr Who fans will get the reference!!)

I thought today would be a good opportunity to look back on 2015 with regards to my stitching goals and tick off the achievements and move the unfinished ones onto another year!

As frequent readers will remember I signed up to do some crazy stitching challenges in 2015, the two main ones being;

*Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2015 (DUCJC2015) - 31 starts for January
*2015 Crosstitch Crazy Event - 15 new starts over 15 days in January

The original post on my 2015 plans is here. I also set up a page on my blog to try and keep a track of all the stitched pieces/WIP's.  The starting bit was easy enough... but the finishes... well that's another story!!

As well as the 2 Crazy challenges I also stitched throughout 2015 for the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL blog, the Christmas Ornie SAL blog, the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL and the Alphabet Club.

So what are the numbers involved?  Well....

New 2015 starts: 37
Old WIP's: 7
2015 Finishes: 20 (inc 3 x ABC Chats & 4 x Sneak Peak Halloween motifs)
2015 Final Finished Objects (FFO's): 5
WIP's left: 24 (inc ABC Chats as 1 item for the time being)

So what's in store for 2016?

**Cross Stitch Crazy 2016 - FB group - 15 starts in 15 days

**Debbie's Ultimate Crazy January Challenge 2015 (DUCJC2016) - 31 starts for January (will inc WIP's as well as the new starts above)

**Stitch Maynia (FB group) - a number of different SAL's throughout the year
    January SAL's listed below:
   - 2016 Chatelaine Shenanigans SAL (Start a new Chatelaine or stitch on a Chatelaine WIP) - I have a Chatelaine WIP already
   - New Year, New Start! (Jan 2016 - start something new!) - easy peasy....
   - Year of Starts! (366 daily starts or 52 weekly starts or 12 monthly starts) - 12 monthly starts is the plan here
   - Brooke's Books Year Long SAL! (Stitch one of Brooke's ornaments/characters/designs each month) - already stitching the Advent Animals

So as you can see plenty to be going on with......

Before I go let me leave you with a picture of what I have been stitching on for the last week or so.  I was hoping that this would be a last finish for 2015 but things haven't quite gone to plan... but here he is at the end of 2015 - Nora Corbett's Christmas Eve Couriers - Prancer.

Nora Corbett's Christmas Eve Couriers - Prancer as at 31 Dec 2015
So close and yet so far!!  Isn't he beautiful?

I hope that everyone has the most wonderful stitchy 2016....


Til next time, happy stitching
Hugs xx

26 comments:

  1. Ambitious plans but I'm sure you'll achieve your aims! Wishing you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your planned new starts! And congrats on your 2015 finishes. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your plans and
    Congrats on 2015 finish
    Happy new stitchy year x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Leonie! Holy smoke, you'll be stitching up a storm this year... so many starts in such a short time! I've seen a few different fb pages & groups but resist joining in because I just can't do all those starts... I look forward to seeing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Nora Corbett design is looking gorgeous.
    Looking forward to following your stitcing goals for 2016:)
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the plans and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh looks so pretty :) just a little more to finish ;)
    So many numbers! I lost count :p hahahhaha
    366 daily starts?! that's insane!!! LOL!!! better choice with the 12 ;)
    Hope you'll have 366 days of fun stitching! Happy 2016 my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Prancer looks great Noni and I love the deer needleminder. Your goals seem very doable.

    Happy New Year,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a very Happy New Year, a year filled with fun and happy times and also plenty for stitching.
    That's a big list to keep you busy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy new years Noni!!! Prancer looks lovely :)
    Fabulous finishes for 2015 .....and that sounds like quite a list there! Loads of fun stitchy days :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your plans sound really good to me - increasing the number of WIPs is always something I love doing. I'm so curious to see your new starts.
    Nice progress on Prancer.
    Have a great new stitchy year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's gorgeous! Congrats on all of you stitching progress. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great plans for 2016 - good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looking at your tally, you did a wonderful job in 2015. Prancer is indeed beautiful. Looks like your all set for another busy stitching year, great plans:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy New Year! You got a lot of stitching done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great plans! I look forward to cheering you along. Love your reindeer. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you are going to be busy! Prancer is coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  18. O my, so much new beginnings:-)
    Curious to see which you will be stitching this year.
    Wishing you a happy new year with lots of pretty stitching and fun!
    Big hugs and xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful stitching !! Wish you a happy new year with loads of happy crafting time:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have a lot of stitching planned for 2016 with some great SALs. I look forward to seeing your new starts, progress pictures and finishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Prancer is looking wonderful! And I hope all of your stitching wishes for 2016 come true... Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You've had a great stitching year and this year will be even more awesome!
    Glad you're joining in so many of the same SALs as I am too.
    Prancer looks great and will soon be finished, maybe the first one of 2016?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice progress on Prancer and great plans!

    ReplyDelete
  24. 20 finishes for 2015 is a great number. It would be fun to see what new starts you decide for the SALs .
    P.S. i found you on Instagram ,however I prefer to follow you on blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Prancer is gorgeous, your plans for 2016 will be followed carefully, joyeuse nouvelle année ! Amitiés

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)