I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, December 21, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up...

Last weekend was busy, busy, busy but surprise, surprise I did manage to get some stitching done and I even managed to complete one of my December goals!

So first up we had FNSI and Friday Night Frolics......


Friday night's stitching was all about the creepy tree and friends that I have been trying to get finished for the November and December Hallowe'en SAL Blog themes.

"Dancing in the Moonlight" - Praiseworthy Stitches
The pic above shows you where I was at with this before Friday night's stitching and the pic below is the creepy tree finished.... along with the raven, cat and resident ghosts!

"Dancing in the Moonlight" - Praiseworthy Stitches
I didn't really need to do too much on Friday night - just finish the branch off near the left hand ghost...  I still need to add beads and a bit of backstitch but that will be done at the end when everything else is stitched.

Did you notice my lovely new needle minder?  Just perfect for Halloween stitching - a spider in his silvery blingy web!

The tree on this piece was the big hurdle to get done and now the rest will be easy to pick off one piece at a time!  But for now "Dancing in the Moonlight" will go away until I am ready to do some more Halloween stitching :o)


So that was Friday night's stitching..... I didn't get much of a chance to do a lot of stitching on Saturday as it was a busy day with a visit to the hairdresser, washing and other "exciting" things and then we went out for dinner.... but Sunday afternoon I managed to get some Christmas stitching out of the basket again.

The last time I stitched on Nora Corbett's Christmas Eve Couriers was quite awhile ago so I thought I would bring "Prancer" out to play.

"Prancer" - July 2015
While not a lot happened on this one yesterday the ribbon has progressed and it now looks a bit more like a ribbon!  (the fabric colour looks so much prettier and more true to life in the photo below for some reason!)

"Prancer" December 2015
You may have also noticed another new needle minder in the picture above....

Remind me to post a picture of all my new minders... they are so boo-tiful..... ♥♥♥

That's it for today.... the countdown to Christmas is on and I only have one more day of work to get through before having 2 and bit weeks off work!  Hopefully during that break I will actually be able to catch up on my blog reading...

Til next time, happy stitching

23 comments:

  1. They look great! I love the couriers series and hope to have them to stitch someday. I did the opposite lol I'm caught up on my blogs but haven't done much stitching. I have the same time off you do so hopefully we can both catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made good progress on both the pieces. Hope you have a merry Christmas and get lots of time for stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitching my dear ..I love them so much
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your fabrics are beautiful and the stitching just as lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Progress is progress and they both look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have to agree with Bea and aren't needle minders great?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching looks great and I love the colours in the last one .
    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful progress on both pieces. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice work on both and how nice to have so much time off to look forward to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful progress on both pieces Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely stitching on both projects.
    Blessings to you this christmastime x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great stitching progress. The needleminder looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely stitching and good choice of fabrics, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's not the tree which is creepy but your spider needle minder, lol. But the other one is funny. Needle minders, an idea for the letter N? Not for me as I don't have any. I don't use them, I always stick my needle into the fabric somewhere.
    Nice to see the Prancer has received some attention from you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nora Corbets Chrats are allways wonderfull and your "Prancer" will soon be on his Duty With The Father Christmas !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your stitching is so pretty--just love how Prancer is turning out!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's good to read you are so happy with your progress (and needle minders) I love the ribbon effect too and can't wait to see more (hint hint!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's good to read you are so happy with your progress (and needle minders) I love the ribbon effect too and can't wait to see more (hint hint!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Will Prancer be finished on time for xmas so he an join Santa??
    merry Christmas sweet friend, have a wonderfull time with joy and love

    ReplyDelete
  20. A Very Merry Christmas and and a creative 2016, Sunny greetings from New Orleans, Alice

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your tree is looking great and I love your collection of needleminders too.
    The reindeer are a lovely set of designs too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)