I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Sunday, November 29, 2015

More Christmas Finishes....

Hello again!  Goodness it ended up being a couple of weeks between posts. Work has been stupidly busy the last few weeks and I have been collapsing in a heap every weekend lately and, unfortunately the last thing my brain has been able to handle is facing the computer and blogging!  I have managed some stitching throughout the week but not on Friday nights... so I have nothing to report for the Friday Frolics blog, and I missed FNSI last weekend! (I had every intention of stitching but the office Christmas party had other ideas.... I so should have left early!!) This post is also a slightly late post for IHSW.... oops....

So onto the stitching update!

Surprise, surprise... I do have two finishes to show you today!  Both are "entries" in the Christmas Ornie SAL Blog... October's theme was Angels and November's theme is snowflakes / snowman or a winter scene.

October's theme first:
Remember some time ago I showed you my "Joy Angel" and she was looking bit strange....


Well, she is all finished now and currently on her way to England to be added to the Christmas Tree of Joy that Clare-Aimetu is organising for her local church.  Hopefully the tree will be full of cross stitched ornies from around the world all with the word "Joy" on them in one form or another.


The chart for this design can be found in the Cross Stitch Christmas magazine (1999), the design is called "Joyful Angels Triptych" (Designer Mona Eno).  There are three angels to stitch but I chose this one as she has "Joy" on her banner!  I stitched her on "Waratah" 32 count fabric from Stitches and Spice with DMC and Kreinik threads.  Unfortunately the shine I added to her wings doesn't really sparkle in the picture but it is there!

The second finish that I have to show you is my choice for November's theme.  I love snowmen and had a terrible time choosing which one to stitch.... so in the end I didn't do any!! Instead I went with a Fizzy Moon freebie and shoe-horned this into the wintery scene choice!


This freebie was published in the Cross Stitch Card Shop magazine (issue 92).  I decided to cover the plain white card with a vintage winter scene scrapbook paper that I had and then added a snowflake to fill in the rather large white space at the top.

This card is going to head off to the USA soon... The Birthday Thread Exchange Group that I am in on FB is doing a Christmas Thread Exchange, so I thought it would be nice to stitch a card instead of sending a bought one!

Well, that's all I have to show you today... the last couple of weeks stitching has been all about finishing these two pieces!  Now it's back to my November Halloween piece....

See you again soon.... have a great week!
Hugs xxx

18 comments:

  1. Congrats on the lovely finishes. That card is so nice, the cute "Santa" is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job finishing the little bear is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the cute finishes Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had two lovely finishes, despite your bust schedule. I hope things settle down for you in December and you can do lots more little xs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finishes.I love the little bear and his hat:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely finishes! I love how you adapted the card and that little snowflake is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your two finishes look great .
    It is such a busy time of the year hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an excellent choice for Claire.
    I love all Fizzy Moon pieces. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas finishes are lovely.. Well done...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finishes! Very cute Fizzy Moon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a little excited..... I get to meet with Clare often, she lives close to me, about30 mins drive away. I have visited her church to see her trees many Christmases. Hopefully this year I'll be able to make it and see your lovely angel in person xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely stitching & finishing on both projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both finishes are just gorgeous. You are right - the angle was looking a bit junny without her hair but now she is really beautiful, lol. I particularly love the Fizzy Moon freebie. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. ... oh my so many typos in my post, sigh. I'm sorry ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am getting the christmas spirit by seeing those stitchings:-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where does the week go?
    I love your two little ornies and I'm sure Clare will you. I can't wait to see her tree with all our ornies on it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely finishes! Congrats :D
    Love your little Santa, too cute =)
    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratz of your little finishes. They are lovely.
    I love the last one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥