I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, October 26, 2015

Angelic Weekend Stitching

Well hello to another Monday!

I have a little bit of stitching to show today... and both pieces are almost finished!


So first up we have my Friday night stitching which I will also post over on the "Friday Frolics" blog shortly.

This time around I didn't stitch on an old WIP.... I decided to stitch on my October piece for the Christmas Ornie SAL as this month is rapidly drawing to a close and I haven't done my angel or nativity piece yet.

I actually started this new design on Thursday evening, so when Friday came around the Angel looked like this:
Before FF stitching
After stitching on Friday night, the Angel looked like this:

After FF stitching
and seeing as I need to finish her by the end of the week, I continued stitching on Saturday and Sunday on her as well... she now looks like this:

as at Sunday 25 Oct 2015
I know she looks a bit weird at the moment..... I have to find (order) the colour for her hair and locate some more of the colour of the shading around her wings, so I stitched what I could and then started backstitching the lower section.  I am not stitching the bottom of the dress as I need to keep this as a small design (further details on why later...).  You will probably notice that I changed the word "Joy" and stitched it in gold Kreinik.  I have also embellished her sleeve and head dress with green Kreinik just to bling it up a bit!!

For those of you that might like to know where this design came from.... she can be found in a very old Cross Stitch Christmas magazine (1999) - design is called "Joyful Angels Triptych" and is designed by Mona Eno.  I am stitching her on a piece of "Waratah" 32 count fabric from Stitches and Spice.

Once I had gone as far as I could on my Angel yesterday, I decided to pull out my little MS Xmas mouse again and pop a couple more stitches in him.

The last time I showed you the MS Xmas mouse #2 he looked like this:


now he looks like this - main stitching is now finished and backstitch has begun:


That's it for another weekend stitching round up.  See you all again soon!


Til next time, happy stitching
Hugs xx





13 comments:

  1. Such a lovely little Xmas Mouse - so warm and so very pretty! Thanks for showing this adorable creation...
    http://crossstitchpatternheaven.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Noni,

    Love how much you got to stitch on the Angel design, it is lovely to see you choosing colours and parts of the pattern to suit you.
    I see you are reading a Agatha Raisin book do they have to be in a certain order or not.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress on both pieces - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice progress on your Xmas stitching! I totally forgot about the FF - I've been soo busy lately with Xmas prep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely progress.I do love the purple coloured bauble

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sweet little mousie and and adorable angel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute projects and nice progress Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two terrific pieces. Love that mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That mouse is already looking so cute! Lovely angel stitching on that beautiful red fabric. Looking forward to seeing them done:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stitching this weekend. The mouse is very cute, I wonder if Kaye will choose "mice" as a theme for next year? I have a few MS designs with mice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely stitching Noni! Ahhhh Margaret Sherry......her stuff is sooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, these are two great Christmas pieces and you made some nice progress on them. The little mouse is so cool. And you are right, right now the angel is looking a little strange but on the picture from the magazine I can see what she will be looking like in the end. Great red fabric you are stitching her on.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You feel Xmas coming.. the stitching are going so fast..
    It's almost the end of teh year, How is it with all your challenges???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥