I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

IHSW - Sept 2015


International Hermit & Stitch Weekend (IHSW).... held on the third weekend (Fri - Sun) of every month - hosted by Joyce (Random Ramblings).

Guess what?  I have finished "Feelin' Festive".... see what a weekend of stitching can do!!

"Feelin' Festive" - Designer: Lizzie Kate
Finished Sept 2015
It is such a wonderful feeling to have another WIP ticked off the list.  And, as I always try to do these days.... I am shoe-horning him into this month's theme for Christmas Ornie SAL Blog - Christmas Trees / Presents.  While there isn't a Christmas Tree in this design there are 3 presents!!

After putting the last couple of stitches into this one on Friday evening, I then had to decided what to stitch on for Saturday and Sunday.  So after a bit of thought (and a lot of "I don't feel like tackling this one") I finally settled on the "Faces of Joan Elliott SAL" which I have had on the go for some time now....

The last time that you saw this one (back in May 2015), I was tackling the cat in the middle (as opposed to the "Cat in the Hat".... sorry couldn't resist a bit of Dr Seuss!!)


Now for some reason I still haven't finished kitty... think I might be missing some threads as I have already started the Summer Fairy next time to him... and for some reason I didn't post my start of the Summer Fairy - and I forgot to take a photo before I starting stitching on Saturday....


... so now this is what the Summer Fairy looks like as of Sunday night.  I spent the weekend stitching the right side of this square, and added the start of the leaves on the left.  As you can see I am jumping around a bit with whatever colour takes my fancy at the time!!

The three top squares look like this now:


The Fairy on the left needs her bling and the kitty needs some filling in and he will be finished.  Every time I pick this one up I wonder why I put it down again....  I have decided to keep stitching on this SAL piece for the rest of the week so stay tuned for another update over the weekend!

Well, that's it for my ISHW update....  If you are wondering what everyone else did over the weekend, drop on over to Joyce's blog and have a look at sign up post for a full list of who was participating.

See you again soon!


Enjoy your week, happy stitching
Hugs xx

15 comments:

  1. Yay for your finish! And I love your SAL piece, glad to hear it's staying out for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on another pretty finish, love the festive colors. Great progress on Faces too:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a very productive weekend! I love the chart you are working on and your finish is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finish, Noni and great progress on your JE SAL, too. Your needles were smokin' hot this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress and a beautiful finish! Can't wait to see him made up into an ornament! I love to stitch by colour too - keeps you from getting bored doesn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the finish!! Your SAL piece is looking beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your LK finish! That's a sweet design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YEAH!!!! another finishi.. great job!!!
    Have fun with your next piece, great update

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute Lizzie Kate design, Leonie... well done on getting out that WIP & working towards finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little finish is a cutie. And great progress on the Joan Elliott piece. It's always very motivating to see how much one can stitch during a quiet weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, another finish!
    It is weekend so happy stitching time, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute finish! The reindeer looks so happy.

    Nice progress on your Joan Elliott SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous finish and such a super WIP project, its looking superb .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great progress. I ground to a halt with the JE Faces I'm afraid. Still love the design though.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)