I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, July 13, 2015

The Alphabet Club & Christmas SAL's

Hi there!

I know I should be giving you a stitching update but I forgot to take some photos on the weekend, so instead of a Monday stitching update I thought I might do a post on a couple of new SAL's that I have recently signed up for...... yes... I know, not another SAL!! ;o)

Those of you that are observant may have noticed that I have added a couple of new badges / images on my sidebar under the SAL's that I am doing and I thought that today's post would be good time to let you know about these two new fun SAL's that are starting up in blogasphere... and hopefully you can all come and join in the fun!

The first one that I wanted to mention is "The Alphabet Club".

"They only met online, but it changed their lives forever."  
This delightful idea came about through an email conversation between Jo (Serendipitous Stitching) and Chiara who blogs at The Grey Tail.  After a number of emails they came up with the idea of an A-Z language challenge and called it "The Alphabet Club" .

This is a posting challenge which will be a monthly posting on the first Saturday of the month (loosely called "Detention Day" after the movie "The Breakfast Club"). Each month's post can be about anything relating to the relevant month's letter/theme from stitching to designers and/or local customs, etc - those of us taking part will all link up with our posts on Chiara's link up post.  As there are 26 letters in the alphabet this will be going for a long time..... 26 months to be exact!! :o)

For the full details of how this came about, and for more in depth info on what it is all about, pop over to Chiara's blog (link here), but as a heads up, the first post will appear on the first Saturday in August and will relate to the letter "A". Jo couldn't wait til August and she has posted a pre-start post which is a great read - link is here.

********************************

The second new SAL that I have signed up for is a sister SAL to the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL that Jo hosts.


This one is called the "Christmas Ornie SAL" and will have it's first monthly posting in August.    Kaye from (Kitten Stitching) has taken up the challenge to host this SAL.  I believe there used to be a SAL blog sometime ago that lapsed and now Kaye has started up a brand new blog for this SAL (link is here).

There are monthly themes commencing in August and running through to December 2015.  The themes are:

August -          Mr and/or Mrs Santa
September -   Christmas Tree/Presents
October -        Angels / Nativity
November -    Snowflakes / Snowman/Wintry scene
December -     Free Choice

**********************************

I am really looking forward getting started with both of these new SAL's and as long as I can get myself organised I should have something to post each month...  So if you're looking for a new posting or stitching challenge, please join in with these two great new SAL's

Til next time when I will be back with some GG SAL and TUSAL posts, have a great week and.....


Happy stitching!
Hugs xx

#realstitchersdontsteal

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the adverts! I just love enabling other bloggers with their challenges.
    It's going to be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These two SALs are my downfall, lol. I will join at least one of them, the Alphabet Club. But also the ornament one is veeeery tempting. I'm still undecided ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joined the Christmas Ornie SAL too! Can't wait to get started...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out, Noni, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of the SALs look like fun Leonie... I did see Kaye's post about the ornies SAL , but I just can't commit... maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two lovely ideas, I belong to a monthly Christmas SAL, such a nice way to get 12 ornies made for the festive season in plenty of time. Looking forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥