I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Monday, April 27, 2015

W - Winter

27th April "W" Post
"Winter"

Today is Monday 27th April and Day 23 of the "Blogging from A to Z April 2015 Challenge".  In our wonderful state of Western Australia (another "W") we happen to have a public holiday for Anzac Day today so I have been spending my day relaxing with a bit of stitching and planning for my "Z" post....

But today is all about "W" - "Winter"

Winter: Winter is the coldest season of the year in polar climates and temperate climates, between autumn and spring.  Not my favourite one of the four seasons as I don't really like the cold... but I will admit it can be the most magical of the seasons!


For my "W" post I have decided to show you something new (again!).... this design is actually called "Holly Garland" and it comes from the Seasons series by Jean Farish.  "Holly Garland" is the season of "Winter" which is where the link comes about for this post.

The series of designs are a mixture of cross stitch and white-work (or tone on tone).  These designs have been designed to be stitched on cream fabric with Ecru thread, but could just as easily be stitched on white fabric with white floss (which gives you the term white work)

I bought these designs as they have a mixture of speciality stitches that I haven't done before and my favourite, cross stitching.  Yesterday I started the "Winter" design and spent over two hours trying to get the first stitches (middle eyelet and three sided pulled thread square) done right.....  now I am back in my comfort zone and doing the cross stitch bit!!

So this is where I am currently with this design...


If you would also like to stitch this design, the link to Jean's Etsy store is here

I am enjoying this design so much that I am now going to go back to it for another hour or so this afternoon before getting on with my "X" stitching!

See you again tomorrow....



Happy stitching and happy blogging!
Hugs xx

11 comments:

  1. oh my Leonie, so much gorgeous stitching - when on earth are you going to get all these starts actually finished??! or is that not the point?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. almost there winter would have me in tears lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous start Noni. I just like plain ole x's.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so pretty but I don't think I would have the patience, or the talent, to stitch it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous! They remind me a little bit of my Shepherd's Bush mini samplers.
    I'm going to check out the Etsy shop right away! I've got a weakness for seasonal designs, as you can probably tell from my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the design. Thanks for tempting me again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This design is very beautiful, I have to go and check these out. And although winter is my least favourite season I love stitching winter designs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely piece!!.. your almost there

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment, otherwise I will reply via email! ♥ Note, I have had to enable comment moderation due to the number of spam comments I am currently receiving. Hopefully I can return to normal comment publishing soon :)