I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Saturday, April 25, 2015

V - Valentine

25th April "V" Post
"Valentine"

Sorry for the very late Saturday post.... Today has been a very long day - up at 4am to head off to the Dawn Service, back at 7am for a good fry up/gunfire breakfast cooked by hubby and then a day of washing and stitching!

Today is Saturday 25th April and Day 22 of the "Blogging from A to Z April 2015 Challenge".

Today is "V" - "Valentine"

Valentine: Valentine's Day, also known as Saint Valentine's Day or the Feast of Saint Valentine, is a celebration observed on February 14 each year. It is celebrated in many countries around the world, although it is not a public holiday in most of them.  

Valentine's Day symbols that are used today include the heart-shaped outline, doves, and the figure of the winged Cupid. Since the 19th century, handwritten valentines have given way to mass-produced greeting cards.

Today's post is a bit of a shoe-horned post!  I was thinking of doing something with Violets, but then I remembered that the "Fizzy Moon" that I am stitching would be the perfect "V" post as it is a "Valentine's" card.

I started stitching "Fizzy Moon" for the crazy January challenge and when I left him he looked looked this:


After stitching on "Fizzy Moon" today he now looks like this:


This little cutie is almost finished now.... but he will have to wait for the next round of stitching as I need to get onto my "W" stitching tomorrow.

My next A-Z post will be on Monday, so til then....



Happy stitching and happy blogging!
Hugs xx

10 comments:

  1. Great progress on this one Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for V. I stitched him for my hubby when it first came with the manazine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another cutie! You have nearly finished so many of these pieces! I've really enjoyed your posts this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute bear!!
    Really perfect for Valentine..
    I see now that next month is your 10th anniversary!!! Congratz

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOt a lot of squeezing it into the Valentine theme, no, it's perfect for a Valentine card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice progress Noni :) hope you had a good Anzac weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute little pattern. :) Your Saturday sounds like mine - ANZAC Dawn Service, breakfast with the folks, house-cleaning and stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥