I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Friday, April 24, 2015

U - Unicorn

24th April "U" Post
"Unicorn"

Thank goodness it's Friday... and it's almost over and I am only now getting my post done!!

Today is Friday 24th April and Day 21 of the "Blogging from A to Z April 2015 Challenge".

Today is "U" - "Unicorn"

Unicorn: The unicorn is a legendary animal that has been described since antiquity as a beast with a large, pointed, spiralling horn projecting from its forehead.   In the Middle Ages and Renaissance, it was commonly described as an extremely wild woodland creature, a symbol of purity and grace, which could only be captured by a virgin. 


I have always been fascinated by the legend of Unicorns... and always wished that they really existed! But then again who is to say that they don't exist!  After all they are in the realm of fairies and we all believe them, don't we? :o)

There never was any question what I would stitch for "U"!  One of the "faces" of the Joan Elliott SAL design I am currently stitching on is a "Unicorn"!


I managed to only stitch a tiny bit of this design last night... today was another early morning so less than an hour of stitching was done before bed!


I still haven't finished the first face but I just had to make a start on the unicorn!

Now it is getting close to bed time again... we have another very early start tomorrow as we are going to Anzac Day Dawn Service so it will be up at 4am to start the day!  So no stitching tonight.... but I will be back tomorrow sometime with my "V" post.

Til then....



Happy stitching and happy blogging!
Hugs xx

9 comments:

  1. Nice start on the Unicorn Noni.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful square! Amazing that you had a project for 'U'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noni, I love unicorns - such a special creature. Enjoy the Dawn Service, I saw a bit of the Perth one on the TV this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. U have gone through this alphabet in record speed..like your current prorject..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course there is unicorn, my daughter put it on her list for christmas (and she is 23 y). Must add it on my stitching list it's so graceful. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kira is crazy aboyt unicorns, I found a great crochet pattern.. really need to make it.. You gave me the idea to look fo a crochet one!1
    Happy stitching.. looking great

    ReplyDelete
  7. A unicorn, what could be better for the U. And when it comes from Joan Elliott it's even better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥