I don't have fireflies in my garden - which is a shame... only cats, bees, a dog and the odd dragonfly!! So please settle down with a cuppa, put your feet up and enjoy!

Thursday, April 23, 2015

T - Tigger

23rd April "T" Post
"Tigger"

And then it's Thursday before you know it!!!   23rd April, Day 20 of the "Blogging from A to Z April 2015 Challenge" has arrived.  We are almost there now... one more week left of this crazy blogging challenge!

Today is "T" - "Tigger"

Tigger: Tigger is a fictional tiger character originally introduced in A. A. Milne's book "The House at Pooh Corner".

Tigger never refers to himself as a tiger, but as a "Tigger". When Tigger introduces himself, he often says the proper way to spell his name is: "T-I-'Double-G'-Er (T-i-gg-er), which spells 'Tigger'".
"Web image"
"Oh, hey, hey. Look, look, look. Oh, what a strange-looking creature. Mmm, look at those beady little eyes, and that "purrposterous" chin, and those "rickydickorous" striped py-jamas!"
[looking at his reflection]

Tigger is my absolute favourite "Winnie the Pooh" character - that's not to say that I don't adore the others but there is just something very special about Tigger.... and of course "Tigger's are wonderful things. Their tops are made out of rubber, their bottoms are made out of springs."

My "T" post was originally going to be a "Tombstone" as I need to stitch one before the end of April for my Hallowe'en SAL posting..... but I just so wanted to stitch a Tigger for "T" that the tombstone got dropped like a hot rock over the weekend and Tigger took it's place last night!


A nice bit of cheeky yellow face appearing after a couple of hours stitching last night.  This particular design was included as a freebie with the UK Cross Stitcher mag way back in June.

That's it from Tigger and I, it's time for us to bounce on out of here.... see you tomorrow!



T-T-F-N, Ta Ta For Now!
Hugs xx

11 comments:

  1. Tigger is also my favourite character - and what a character he is, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on the A to Z blog :) New follower - great to find another stitchy blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I can sing that entire song for you. And hear Tigger laughing right now. My kids were so very much into Winnie the Pooh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Tigger Noni. I did a Tigger for my post today.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Tigger will be a popular choice for today! More cheerful than a tombstone anyway LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Tigger. One of our favorite quotes is: "Honey, icky sticky stuff! Only good for hephalumps and woozles."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tigger is such an adorable character - much nicer than tombstones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tigger is indeed very cute. Lovely progress

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tigger is indeed very cute. Lovely progress

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my post. I do reply (eventually) via email. If you are a no-reply commenter, I will try and remember to leave my reply directly on your blog comment! ♥